Anyone heading to Knob Creek for the MG shoot?

hey guys just wondering if anyone is headed to Knob Creek for the bi-annual machine gun shoot and show? We are headed out Thurs. morning and will be back early Sunday morning. It is the place to be if you are intrested in assualt weapons, ANYTHING NFA related, military stuff.

-Jason G

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've taken my little boys for years. We're skipping this year though.

Reloading supplies...

At best I used to see pulled .223 FMJ by the zip lock bag full. Last

year there wasn't hardly anything.

Tons of AR uppers, and guns. Both NFA and non. Basically it's just a

gun show on steroids.

We normally stay the whole day. My kids just love it an d they were super bumded out this year.

I will be there on Sunday. I am doing a motorcycle trip to some of the distilleries on Saturday ending up in Louisville, and will hit Knob on the way back.

This was my first time heading to Knob Creek. A buddy and I were on a trip on the bikes, and it happened to be on the way home so we decided to stop in. We weren't there that long, but he did catch a full rally on the upper range. Here is a link to the pictures that I took, and there are also a few videos mixed in there too.

http://gallery.me.com/deweese#100088

We went for the first time. It was a little rough with the lady being in a wheelchair, but she still enjoyed it. We watched the first shoot once it got dark and then headed out.

I am going to start saving now so that I can have some fun next year.

I'm curious who these people are. Doctors, lawyers, gun shop owners, militia groups, etc.?

Owning these types of weapons can't be cheap, and all the ammo it takes to feed these things is a whole other story.

What's the scoop?

You are right alot of them are doctors and lawyers. A lot of them are just rich guys who love guns. I have seen a new Bentley parked in the shooters parking lot and I have also talked to a guy who spent $30,000 plus on his ammo he shot on Knob Creek weekend. Some of them are class 3 dealers who put there post samples threw the paces. One guy I know shot 229,000 rounds of .308 threw a mini gun in 2004. But mini guns are what he does for a living. And some guys bought a bunch of machine guns in the 80's and early 90's when the were "cheap" enough where a regular Joe could afford them and they got a place on the firing line. This is what I personally know about the shooters up there.

-Jason G

Guest FNandGlock

I run 2 companies in nashville and make good money but I cant afford some of the guns they have there nor do they impress me, Id rather have something I dont have to go though hoops just to get and cant shoot it when or where I want. For what they want for some of the beat up machine guns missing parts you can buy a brand new Barrett 50 Cal tricked out and still have enough to buy Ammo for 5 years.