one week after the bail out

Guest 44M

just heard on the channel 2 ,ABC News, week after getting help from American people AIG spent $480,000.00 to fly it`s CEO`s to some resort....also when asked what they think about what they did, one said if he has to do everything all over again he would do exactely the same thing....:tough:....so much about "thank you" to working man and women of United States Of America for their money used to bail out those unthankful bastards....fuj, makes me sick to my stomack..

Db

ps

only good thing is that now FBI is investigating and hopefully somone will end up behind bars

Edited by 44M
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Honest AK

Evidently, when the going gets tough, the executives get pedicures... and the tough pay for it.

Despite this, millions of Americans will trot right out and vote for Democrats or Republicans this November like good little sheeple.

Then as we sink further into debt, the side that won will say everything is fine. The side that lost will blame it all on the other party and reassure themselves that if only their guy had won, we wouldn't be in this mess. :)

Edited by Honest AK
edited to fix some spellin' errors

Really terrible. A complete waste of $440k of taxpayer money.

However... that is mere pocket change in comparison to the $100 BILLION dollars in pork that politicians shamelessly added to the $700B bailout package. Tax cuts for children's wooden arrows? NASCAR tax relief? What the heck kind of crap is that? ALL ON BORROWED MONEY!

Those politicians ought to be prosecuted for treason.

They need to gut the polititians' retirement perks and such. Let them feel what the rest of us are feeling!

I am sure I could live quite comfortably on 15,000 bucks a month!

:up:

What do you expect, when the government forces private industry into bad business decisions and then the government tries to "buy" everyone's way out to cover their own butt the market and the economy are going to crash. Milton Friedman, may he rest in peace, kept trying to tell everyone that government needs to stay out of the market his entire life. It's a shame that he is being proven right in such a dramatic way.

Guest jackdog

I hear that each taxpayer will be getting a jar of Vaseline in the mail so the next round of bail out money will be less painful. Vote out all incumbents and do a write in for the presidential ticket

While we fret about 400k they used to party, which while immoral was not illegal, they get away with billions in fraud.

Why is no one asking where the billions in bonus and insider trading of stock have gone? Economics is a zero sum game. The money did not disappear, it went into someones pocket. I seem to recall an artucle in June about UBS hidding billions for US citizens. Can't find it now, but here is a recent one:

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSL248799020081002?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

Once upon a time a man appeared in a village and announced to

the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10 each.

The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went

out to the forest and started catching them.

The man bought thousands at $10 and, as supply started to

diminish, the villagers stopped their effort. He next announced that

he would now buy monkeys at $20 each. This renewed the efforts of the

villagers and they started catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going

back to their farms. The offer increased to $25 each and the supply

of

monkeys became so scarce it was an effort to even find a monkey, let

alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50 each!

However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his

assistant would buy on his behalf.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers:

'Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has already

collected. I will sell them to you at $35 and when the man returns

from the city, you can sell them to him for $50 each.'

The villagers rounded up all their savings and bought all the

monkeys.

They never saw the man or his assistant again, only lots and

lots of monkeys!

Guest gcrookston

The half million dollar spa thing was for their top sales people. Without them this company would be a coma in a footnote of a bad bedtime story. With them, they are less of a burden to us, the tax payer.

Personally, I believe we should let the investment banks and companies that insure sh_t credits fail (like AIG).

And what I really, really think, is the next time those (*$#*#@ liberals want to legislate credit practices the lending companies should stop and say "hey dude, you are one messed up congressman."

This housing crisis germinated in the urban renewal back when Carter was president, expanded under Clinton, and reaped under Bush.

Shame on the lenders for caving to these new laws making them loan money to those uncreditworthy to pay it back. Shame on us for letting them. Got your check books out boys? we are gonna pay for this mess.

Guest jackdog

The boys on wall street are guilty and everyone of our politicians are guilty as well. It pisses me off to no end when these pious ass politicians hold their bull**** hearings as to why this happened, but refuse to admit to us the voters that they are very much at fault as well.

Guest Dean_JC78

If we really believe in freedom and the free market then we would allow them the same freedom each one of us has... the freedom to FAIL!

It was an abandonment of the free market which got us to this situation. So the Govt steps in and creates this mess and now they step in to "fix it" and make it even worse. We honestly learned NOTHING from the Great Depresion and FDR.

Guest Honest AK
The half million dollar spa thing was for their top sales people. Without them this company would be a coma in a footnote of a bad bedtime story. With them, they are less of a burden to us, the tax payer.

Personally, I believe we should let the investment banks and companies that insure sh_t credits fail (like AIG).

And what I really, really think, is the next time those (*$#*#@ liberals want to legislate credit practices the lending companies should stop and say "hey dude, you are one messed up congressman."

This housing crisis germinated in the urban renewal back when Carter was president, expanded under Clinton, and reaped under Bush.

Shame on the lenders for caving to these new laws making them loan money to those uncreditworthy to pay it back. Shame on us for letting them. Got your check books out boys? we are gonna pay for this mess.

So their top sellers can't continue to sell without a half million dollar trip to a resort? Are they not being paid?