Looking for a gunsmith in the Franklin/Coolsprings area

Hey TGO,

I just moved to from the Seattle area to the Cool Springs/Franklin area.   I need to find a local gunsmith who can weld on a shell deflector onto one of my hk91 reciever along with doing a paddle release install.    I have the parts, just need the work done.  I may be interested in trigger work as well.  Then I assume I will need a refinish done so will need to know who is local for that as well.  Let me know if there is anyone in the area who has experience with hk91/ptr91 shell deflector and/or paddle mag installs.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lock Stock and Barrel isn't to far away. Can't speak personally for their smithing but the gentlemen I talked to certainly sounded like they had been around the block as far as smithing. I was also impressed by their service, I went in looking far a specific gun that I'd heard they might have. They didn't, but told me they would look into them a bit and call me with some general info on the gun as I knew little about them except I wanted one. Long story short, I was still in the parking lot looking for another shop on my gps when they called and gave me a rundown on production years and Bluebook values. Nice guys.

Your also not far from Jeff at guns & leather. Well worth the drive to go see him and the Guns & Leather sales floor.

Tom at Lock, Stock and Barrel does good work, it just takes a while if he is backed up.

Don't use Saddle Shop in Triune. The smith they sent my Ithaca shotgun out to for rebluing really botched it. I ended up taking it to Tom and he made it look brand new.

Edited by daddyo

Amadillo Arms llc1226 Lakeview DrFranklin‎ TN‎ 37067United StatesNear Franklin gunshop. Better Prices. Less snobbery.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

+1 tony rocks at armadillo I won't let anyone else touch my iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

+1 tony rocks at armadillo I won't let anyone else touch my iron.

How did I not know about this place? I think I'm paying them a visit today...

• Like 1

How did I not know about this place? I think I'm paying them a visit today...

They're low key, tony is the gunsmith Steve handles Maximus 1911 sales.
The guy at lock stock and barrell is nice as well. I've always had tony go through my work stuff and anything else I was iffy about. Honest and won't try to sell you a line is bs or stuff ya don't need.