Tactical Rifle Match at Green River Gun Club Bowling Green KY. on Saturday June 28'th

Green River Gun Club (GRGC) of Bowling Green Kentucky will be hosting a Tactical Rifle Match on Saturday June 28'th.

GRGC is located at 1760 Price Chapel Rd, Bowling Green, KY

TWO CLASSES- OPTICS & IRON SIGHTS
FIVE STAGES including SHOOT HOUSE
Targets 5 to 50 yards, movement on most stages
Round count approximately 140
8am setup, 9:30am Start

IDPA scoring and "IDPA like" rules.

20 rounds max. in the gun and in the magazine.

Updates will be posted on GRGC website:

http://www.bggrgc.com/index.html

Good shooting Brooks and Mark. Second and third OA. Only bested by that super fast kid, Blaise.
Thanks for all your help setting up and tearing down.
Thanks to all that attended. Great bunch of shooters. Everyone in my squad helped out and not a single discouraging word.
Hope you all have a great Independence Day.

Good shooting Brooks and Mark. Second and third OA. Only bested by that super fast kid, Blaise.

Third Overall - - - Doesn't that make me the High Senior Shooter?

What an Honor!       

BTW....., In case you didn't know, Blaise is an Airborne Ranger with tours with the Ranger Regiment in Iraq and later as a Diplomatic Security Operator for the US Embassy in Afghanistan.

Good to see that some of our tax dollars were well spent!  :usa: 

• Like 2

Third Overall - - - Doesn't that make me the High Senior Shooter?

What an Honor!       

BTW....., In case you didn't know, Blaise is an Airborne Ranger with tours with the Ranger Regiment in Iraq and later as a Diplomatic Security Operator for the US Embassy in Afghanistan.

Good to see that some of our tax dollars were well spent!  :usa: 

Yes that would make you High Senior. You da man, da old man!

I didn't know about Blaise's background. I never got a chance to talk to him. I did notice Blaise had a Ranger patch on his hat. He was blazing fast!

I did notice Blaise had a Ranger tab on his hat. He was blazing fast!

Also don't discount my other young battle-buddy 173rdABN.  His times from this match aren't his norm.  He was clearing 2-3 malfunctions on each stage.  The ejector spring had gone weak on his AR. 

When I offer to let him borrow a spare bolt that I had he said, "Thanks..., But doing these Immediate Action Drills is Good Training...."   :tough: 

• Like 1

Also don't discount my other young battle-buddy 173rdABN.  His times from this match aren't his norm.  He was clearing 2-3 malfunctions on each stage.  The ejector spring had gone weak on his AR. 

When I offer to let him borrow a spare bolt that I had he said, "Thanks..., But doing these Immediate Action Drills is Good Training...."   :tough:

Practice makes perfect!

I beat Blaise on stage one. And scored about the same on accuracy overall. But man, a double feed every 5-7 rounds, and the spent case literally being a pain in the arse to rip off the bolt head because the extractor wedged the brass inside itself.. Hey, it's just time, and good practice!

Practice makes perfect!

I beat Blaise on stage one. And scored about the same on accuracy overall. But man, a double feed every 5-7 rounds, and the spent case literally being a pain in the arse to rip off the bolt head because the extractor wedged the brass inside itself.. Hey, it's just time, and good practice!

Did you have the best time on stage 1?

I have been patting myself on the back all day, but I think your time is better, just not highlighted.  I noticed a few minutes ago.  

Edited by broox

1. Paul C -       54.59

2. 173rdABN - 55.34

3. broox -        55.43

4. Michael H - 56.47

5. DMark -      57.22

Heck, I failed to engage one of the targets.  There were so many of them out there mixed in with the no-shoots that it was easy to lose track of where you had shot and not shot.   

But I reckon that was the point of Stage 1.

It was a pleasure shooting with you guys, but you ran me into the ground! I was "running on empty" on the last two stages.

I sure wasn't the fastest on stage 1 but I was the most accurate! And, I did mean to head shoot the "innocent" (right between the eyes).

The "Dennis Saylor Super Squad" took the 5 top spots, and it would have been the top 6 if Kris had brought a semi-auto instead of a bolt action!

Good fun!

GRGC IDPA is taking July off, but here are some upcoming events:

Jul 19th - SAT - We have a Squirrel Rifle Shoot.

Aug 16-17 - SAT/SUN - Appleseed Shoot

Aug 23 SAT - IDPA Classifier

Aug 30 - SAT - Tactical Rifle Match

Sep 27 - SUN - We're CANCELING/DROPPING the BUG match on the original schedule, and instead, moving the IDPA NIGHT MATCH to this date.  See schedule for times/info on Website.  We had to move the Night Match to here, to accommodate the S.KY.BUG.Championship in October.   Yes, that means a late night, since it'll take a while to get dark enough.

Oct 25 - SAT - Southern KY BUG Championship

http://bggrgc.com will have more details as time goes by.

Mark your calendars.

The "Dennis Saylor Super Squad" took the 5 top spots....... 

Does that mean we can now go and get some of those "Hooray for Me, Loaded with Logos like NASCAR, Want-A-Be a PRO Poser" Sponsor Shirts?  :x: