Wolfchase Mall Grounds

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA

I think I remember hearing that Wolfchase is posted. I can't remember the last time I went there but being that it's coming up on Christmas I am imagining that I might get dragged there at least once by my wife in the next month or so.

If the mall is posted, is it at all entrances? Every store entrance and every general mall entrance? What about just entering the parking lot? Say I'm dragged to Bed, Bath, and Beyond or Barnes and Noble. They are on the same overall parking lot spread, but they are separate businesses in separate buildings from the mall.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer

The Galleria is NOT posted properly, and it is not on the doors. It is on their "mall rules" as rule 5 or 6 that staes, no weapons including knifes or fireams.

also, it is not on the "grounds" is is located inside the mall near SOME mall entrances...

Yes, you may go into the lot, yes you may go to BBand beyond, unless that store is specifically posted.

you can legally go anywhere, it is not posted legally, they can only ask you to leave, dont argue and you will be fine.

conceal conceal conceal....

Edited by canynracer
Guest clownsdd

The mall and property, in general, are not posted properly. I would think that the "rule" is there to leave open a defense in case something does happen. The security guards are on the look out for HCP carriers. They will ask you to leave if they spot it. I wouldn't go in wearing a photo vest or other piece of clothing known to be worn to conceal.

The mall and property, in general, are not posted properly. I would think that the "rule" is there to leave open a defense in case something does happen. The security guards are on the look out for HCP carriers. They will ask you to leave if they spot it. I wouldn't go in wearing a photo vest or other piece of clothing known to be worn to conceal.

That's why I don't wear "look at me" gear.

Malls, one place I will be carrying.

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA

Thanks. I always stay concealed and will continue to do so. Hopefully I can avoid the mall and the entire area... if the bad guys don't kill me the traffic will...

Two small kids... I gotta get to Toys R' Us this weekend and get that over with before it gets too insane...

Guest abailey362

can someone(mall security guard, store employee, non-LEO) ask you if you are carrying if you are wearing the "look at me" clothing?...well if someone asks....do you have to show or answer? Seems to me that unless a firearm is spotted, then the same rules apply for a security as theft. If they don't see it, they can't do anything about it

Guest Revelator

No, you can just tell them to leave you alone and mind their own business. Or you could politely lie and say no. Whatever works. But if they're asking you then they're probably suspicious, which means they're probably going to ask you to leave no matter what your answer.

The security guards are on the look out for HCP carriers. They will ask you to leave if they spot it. I wouldn't go in wearing a photo vest or other piece of clothing known to be worn to conceal.

I was at Wolfchase a while back with a group of instructors. We had just come from a shooting class and were all wearing photo vests. There were about 10 of us, we were there for several hours, and no one said anything to any of us.

No, you can just tell them to leave you alone and mind their own business. Or you could politely lie and say no. Whatever works. But if they're asking you then they're probably suspicious, which means they're probably going to ask you to leave no matter what your answer.

That's correct you are under no legal obligation to answer them or even give a correct answer.

But as he said, you more than likely be asked to leave....and if you are told to leave, for whatever reason, then you must do so or you can be charged with trespassing.

Guest Loaded247

If it's posted there, I never knew about it. Anyway, going Christmas shopping in Memphis, during 'robbery season'? To be unarmed at such a time is IGNORANT. My advice would be to conceal it well, and don't wear any of the 'I got it from the tacticool CC store' clothing...:P

Guest Halfpint

IWB carry and a U of M hoodie FTW! :P

I have a couple of firearms-related shirts, but they're for straight-to-work-then-straight-home days . . . out and about, it's all college-guy typical--I don't wear anything that would attract undue attention. Have carried almost every time I went to Wolfchase, always concealed and never had a problem.

Isn't it hell that we don't have state laws that allow us to carry in posted areas without some severe reprisal under penalty of law.

I can easily see if a person is asked to leave and refuses that he or she should be faced with trespassing but that is where it should end.

I can't see these laws ever changing either.

I also feel that PUBLIC private property is not an excuse to upstage our constitutional rights so lets not start that argument all over again.

There are just some times and some places that it is too difficult not to patronize under certain conditions especially if you are with family (and that is when you may need it the most) or with friends.

This past summer my wife and I spent our time baby sitting during the week with my new grandson in Olive Branch, MS. During the travel to and from we made several stops at Wolf Chase where I would always carry IWB. My typical wear in the summer is shorts and a polo type shirt. I would have the shirt untucked(which looks like crap) and never had a problem. If I were prohibited from carrying there, I would not go. I think I need to get some decent looking t-shirts to wear as a cover top rather than the polos. I do notice that a lot of the men wear their shirts untucked these days opposed to few years ago when it would have been considered tacky. Guess it is a change of the times or a lot more people are concealing their carry.

This past summer my wife and I spent our time baby sitting during the week with my new grandson in Olive Branch, MS. During the travel to and from we made several stops at Wolf Chase where I would always carry IWB. My typical wear in the summer is shorts and a polo type shirt. I would have the shirt untucked(which looks like crap) and never had a problem. If I were prohibited from carrying there, I would not go. I think I need to get some decent looking t-shirts to wear as a cover top rather than the polos. I do notice that a lot of the men wear their shirts untucked these days opposed to few years ago when it would have been considered tacky. Guess it is a change of the times or a lot more people are concealing their carry.

+1

I usually carry with an untucked polo. When I first started doing this, I thought it looked a bit slobbish, but I actually blend in very well. Combine it with a Callaway or Ping hat, and I look like some harmless kid who just came from the golf course.

+1

I usually carry with an untucked polo. When I first started doing this, I thought it looked a bit slobbish, but I actually blend in very well. Combine it with a Callaway or Ping hat, and I look like some harmless kid who just came from the golf course.

+2

Also, since it is getting colder, button down long sleeve shirts are worn more untucked. You were an Old Navy or Gap button down untucked and you will blend in perfectly.

I carry at Wolfchase everytime i go and never have a problem. I do carry a snub nosed revolver in a pocket holster that no one has yet to notice at a lot of places in and out of state.

As it gets colder, I'll start wearing more Columbia fleece vests over a long sleeve t-shirt or flannel shirt. A little athletic tape on the strong side stiffens the vest for an easier draw, and it looks like all the other fleece vests everybody else in the mall is wearing.

Can you explain how this is done or make a quick pic? I'm having a hard time envisioning and I wear just the fleece vest you're talking about, so I'm interested.

Guest nraforlife

You want concealment that makes your pistol disappear wear a 5.11 style undershirt, NRA sells a style also as does Kramer. Slow draw but always with you and nobody has a clue.