Cheap ammo in Memphis area?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Revelator

Sometimes the Pro has good deals, but that's the Pro. They had a pretty good sale on 9mm a couple months back. Local shops, probably not. I buy .40 full metal, 250 per box, $60 at Rangemaster. That might be a little better than what you can find online. And it's the brand canyn mentioned. Comes in an orange box.

I've got a bunch of .223 I've been trying to sell for a while. Great price.

Yah, I've stockpiled a good bit of the .40 reloads from RangeUSA - typically buy 500 and shoot 200-300, saving the rest. Also have tons of Speer GD ammo for the pistol.

Hey DAS - can you PM me that list again? I'm probably just gonna go ahead and buy that .223 stuff from you.

Guest canynracer
Sometimes the Pro has good deals, but that's the Pro. They had a pretty good sale on 9mm a couple months back. Local shops, probably not. I buy .40 full metal, 250 per box, $60 at Rangemaster. That might be a little better than what you can find online. And it's the brand canyn mentioned. Comes in an orange box.

I've got a bunch of .223 I've been trying to sell for a while. Great price.

I get the range packs when I go...and save the extra like Crimson does...

http://www.rangeusa.com/RangeInformation/RangePacks/tabid/108/Default.aspx

I need Obama to spread the wealth a bit...I NEEEEED 223 ammo BAD!!!

I get the range packs when I go...and save the extra like Crimson does...

http://www.rangeusa.com/RangeInformation/RangePacks/tabid/108/Default.aspx

I need Obama to spread the wealth a bit...I NEEEEED 223 ammo BAD!!!

I need some of it too, spread t he wealth, course I need an AR, can someone spread one over to me please, Kthxbye.

Anywhoo, I need to stock up some more on the TNCart stuff.

Crap, that range pack #5 is a great deal, 500ct .40, lane rental, and 5 targets for $110.00! Wow.

Edited by db99wj
I've had nothing but good experiences with the Orange Boxes.

After a couple of thousand rounds of it through my XD, I have had 1 FTF, I tried to shoot it 3 times, wouldn't go, so I chalk it up to a bad primer. Other than that, no problems. Some have had complaints, but it could be the ammo or it could be them, their gun or a combo of both.

After a couple of thousand rounds of it through my XD, I have had 1 FTF, I tried to shoot it 3 times, wouldn't go, so I chalk it up to a bad primer. Other than that, no problems. Some have had complaints, but it could be the ammo or it could be them, their gun or a combo of both.

Similar round count here through my Glock 22, but I've probably had a total of about 10-15 FTF's.

Similar round count here through my Glock 22, but I've probably had a total of about 10-15 FTF's.

I did see someone elses one time that had the primer in sideways:eek:. I have heard some that hate it, but so far, knock on wood, I have had no problems.

I don't know where to start--I've had bullets seated sideways, backwards primers, bullets that collapsed the case mouth because they were seated crooked, various overall lengths out of the same box, cracked cases, cases with part of the case mouth missing, failures to fire, .40s mixed with 9mm. God only knows how old the brass is that they use. One local gunshop used to (and probably still does) give a $2 discount if you brought in the brass from the previous box you bought. Back when I shot SIGs, they never liked the orange box. I used to have a .45 with part of the case mouth missing; if I can find it, I'll post a pic. In my worthless opinion, the stuff is garbage, and I won't put it in any of my guns.

:whistle:

To the OP, try Dick's Sporting Goods. They've had Remington UMC 9mm on sale for $7.98/50 for a week and a half now. That's $40/250--cheaper than orange box at most places. .40, .45, and other stuff is on sale too, but I'm not sure of the price. BPS has a worthwhile sale on WWB and UMC once in a while. Worst case, WWB is $18.42/100 at Wal-Mart last time I was there. If you go to the one in Bartlett and buy more than two boxes, a little white-haired curmudgeon with a big beard will say something like, "You must be getting ready to start a war!" I just shake my head at that guy.

Edited by deerslayer
To the OP, try Dick's Sporting Goods. They've had Remington UMC 9mm on sale for $7.98/50 for a week and a half now. That's $40/250--cheaper than orange box at most places. .40, .45, and other stuff is on sale too, but I'm not sure of the price. BPS has a worthwhile sale on WWB and UMC once in a while. Worst case, WWB is $18.42/100 at Wal-Mart last time I was there. If you go to the one in Bartlett and buy more than two boxes, a little white-haired curmudgeon with a big beard will say something like, "You must be getting ready to start a war!" I just shake my head at that guy.

Thanks, DS, I'll check Dick's out this week...

I don't know where to start--I've had bullets seated sideways, backwards primers, bullets that collapsed the case mouth because they were seated crooked, various overall lengths out of the same box, cracked cases, cases with part of the case mouth missing, failures to fire, .40s mixed with 9mm. God only knows how old the brass is that they use. One local gunshop used to (and probably still does) give a $2 discount if you brought in the brass from the previous box you bought. Back when I shot SIGs, they never liked the orange box. I used to have a .45 with part of the case mouth missing; if I can find it, I'll post a pic. In my worthless opinion, the stuff is garbage, and I won't put it in any of my guns.

:whistle:

Good to know, I will keep my eye out with it. Oh, thanks for the heads up about Dicks. :P