Vote fraud

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly
When there was no early voting, was vote fraud as rampant? Does the early voting capability exacerbate the problem? Is the convenience a bad idea?

I'm sure there's always been some level of voter fraud. I don't really see how early voting would exacerbate the problem, though.

We need a paper ballot, and we need better enforcement of existing laws. It's no great secret that much of what the Obama campaign has done is a direct result of partisan inaction on the part of the DOJ. They are, seen as a whole, quite left wing, and their lawyers have contributed nearly $150,000 to Obama's campaign. Take a look:

http://www.americanissuesproject.org/american-issue-project-news/doj-lawyers-who-supervise-voting-rights-are-obama-donors.html

I don't even see how there CAN be "voter fraud", except for cases where local precincts are doing it, like in the old days of letting folks vote numerous times and whatnot.

Doesn't matter how many "fraudulent" registrations there are, ala ACORN or whatever. I mean, you have to show ID to actually vote, eh?

- OS

....Dead people vote in Memphis in almost every election.

Well, there are dead people on probably every state's voter registration lists, due to lack of database maintenance and so forth...

Is there proof that those dead folks actually VOTED, or just that they were still REGISTERED?

- OS

Guest bigsack
Well, there are dead people on probably every state's voter registration lists, due to lack of database maintenance and so forth...

Is there proof that those dead folks actually VOTED, or just that they were still REGISTERED?

- OS

well im am of the understanding that you have to vote at least every 4 year in order to remain registered.

so that means someone had been deceased for a while, i.e. over 4 years, and remains registered then that would indicate voter fraud. would it not?

well im am of the understanding that you have to vote at least every 4 year in order to remain registered.

so that means someone had been deceased for a while, i.e. over 4 years, and remains registered then that would indicate voter fraud. would it not?

How could it be VOTER fraud if they couldn't VOTE?

- OS

- OS

There's proof that long-dead people are still on voter rolls as current. This means that *someone else* has acted as this person in some capacity. This is not simply a record keeping issue. It's evidence of an active attempt/succes at committing fraud.

How could it be VOTER fraud if they couldn't VOTE?

- OS

Are you being obtuse?

There's proof that long-dead people are still on voter rolls as current. This means that *someone else* has acted as this person in some capacity.

No it doesn't. It just means there are erroneous and non-updated data bases. This happens in every level of government from local to federal.

My father is still listed on all kinds of tax and property records, and has been dead for almost 10 years.

This is not simply a record keeping issue. It's evidence of an active attempt/succes at committing fraud.

Proof?

It might or might not be an attempt, but it's certainly not a success if nobody gets to vote for a dead person.

Are you being obtuse?

Are you?

Can you prove that anyone has voted in this election "fraudulently?

And even IF a few screwballs have somehow voted for dead folks with fake ids and whatnot, I'm sure their numbers are statistically insignificant.

There's proof that long-dead people are still on voter rolls as current. This means that *someone else* has acted as this person in some capacity.

No it doesn't. It just means there are erroneous and non-updated data bases. This happens in every level of government from local to federal.

My father is still listed on all kinds of tax and property records, and has been dead for almost 10 years.

This is not simply a record keeping issue. It's evidence of an active attempt/succes at committing fraud.

Proof?

It might or might not be an attempt, but it's certainly not a success if nobody gets to vote for a dead person.

Are you being obtuse?

Are you?

Can you prove that anyone has voted in this election "fraudulently?

And even IF a few screwballs have somehow voted for dead folks with fake ids and whatnot, I'm sure their numbers are statistically insignificant.

You're right. We should just not worry about it.

the law in TN does not provide that you have to prove who you claim to be. IE: you do not have to show ID. There is a form you can sign off on to vote. No doubt this provides an avenue for fraud.

I believe early voting allows more opportunity for fraud to happen.

I believe early voting allows more opportunity for fraud to happen.

Not to be argumentative, but why do you think this? Just people double voting, etc.?

Guest gunslinger707

Doesn't matter how many "fraudulent" registrations there are, ala ACORN or whatever. I mean, you have to show ID to actually vote, eh?

- OS

Nope i voted last week only had to show my voter card.Now if i had several diff voter card's in multiple mames i could vote multiple time 's!!

- OS

Nope i voted last week only had to show my voter card.Now if i had several diff voter card's in multiple mames i could vote multiple time 's!!

Yeah, IF you had good forgeries, and to get those forgeries, you'd have to know the names and addresses of the other people as registered, precinct location filled in, etc. Plus you'd need to move around to different locations in the early voting so as not to chance being "made" by some poll worker with a good memory. If done on election day, could only vote at precinct that jibed with address, etc.

Quite a complicated process to falsely cast a few votes, seems to me. Surely an unlikely conspiracy to be done on a large scale either.

In the old days, voter fraud was simple; it just needed corrupt local voter registration workers supplying the info to the paid shills who would walk through and vote. It really was apparently common, but mostly in state or big city elections, where several hundred to several thousand votes might truly sway an election.

- OS

Guest tnjimbob

I voted last week, offered my voter registration card & ID, but was told I only needed my voter registration card. Potential for fraud with multiple cards? Ask OBAMAACORN.

Here's the latest offensive voter fraud chic item, courtesy of The Gap:

vote_twice.JPG