CTAC with V Clip pics

Guest db99wj

So much talk about IWB and I have mentioned the Vclips that I had ordered from Comptac and that I got the velcro sewn into my belt, so here are some pics. I really need a new belt for my dress belt, and I will get one soon, with velcro. This will give those an idea of what it looks like. The velcro sticks very securly. I couldn't be happier. But here are the pics.

You can barely see the clip at the bottom of the belt, I need to adjust it up so that disappears, not worried abou the top of the belt.

Pictures_094.jpg

Front view, again you can barely see the clip at the bottom, mostly because of the angle, and yes my belt is little off center, I just fixed that!

Pictures_095.jpg

And a random pic of a deer track I saw up in Lake County on the Miss River. This deer at walked out onto some sand flats. I was inspecting some property.

Pictures_030.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, I have the C clips and like them but I might have to look into those.

I had the C clips and I had to unblouse my shirt tails too much because even though there were only a part of the clips showing, with a brown belt, they were noticable. Now, unless you are staring at me, stoppit Strickj:mad:, no one will see them.

Guest Verbal Kint
I had the C clips and I had to unblouse my shirt tails too much because even though there were only a part of the clips showing, with a brown belt, they were noticable. Now, unless you are staring at me, stoppit Strickj:mad:, no one will see them.

That's why you order the correct C-Clips (brown clips for a brown belt or black for a black belt) for the belt you wear. :D

I'll agree that the V-Clips give the ultimate concealability, though. However since I wear a black belt 95% of the time, the black C-Clips work just fine for me.

Guest Verbal Kint

With all the talk of different mounting clips, and how popular the Comp-Tac MTAC and CTAC holsters are, I figured I'd provide the visual aids for the "uninformed" or "confused". Here are your options:

C-T.A.C. C Clip

C-Clips.jpg

Since they trap only the edges of your belt, C-Clips give almost no clue of what's hiding underneath. All C-T.A.C. Clips come in sets of two. Our C-clips have been updated! They now have five holes for more adjustment, and they're narrower for better concealment. Available in black or chestnut (khaki, denim, and brown coming soon!)

C-T.A.C. Standard Clip

Standard-Clip-5-PhotoShop.jpg

Simple, secure, and fast. This is our most convenient clip. Simply slides over the belt and grips the bottom of the belt from the outside. All C-T.A.C. Clips come in sets of two.

You may notice that our Standard Clips have changed. We have been working for a long time to make a polymer clip that is more durable, more secure, and more concealable. Using an entirely different molding process, we've found our solution.

You'll find that the new clips provide a more positive grip on your belt. They are also longer (with more holes) to give more cant adjustment, and narrower, for better concealment. The real benefit, however, is the durability. We have been testing the new design for months on a "clip-testing robot". Until now, our best design was good for 10,000 flexes. This new design went for over 10,000,000 flexes without failure (considered infinite for this type of product). Like any clips, they're not invincible--but they're certainly an improvement. Now available in black, chestnut (reddish brown), brown, and kahki (denim coming soon!)

C-T.A.C. V Clip

VCLIP_SIDE%20%282%29.JPG

V-clips are our most stealthy mounting option. They attach to the inside of your belt, leaving nothing to be seen at all!

If you decide to use your C-T.A.C. holster with V-clips as your standard, everyday carry method, you would probably be well served by having the Velcro stitched to the belt. Now, you probably won't be able to convince anyone to do this by hand, but it should be an easy matter for any shoe repair shop.

Donning your new C-T.A.C. holster with the new V-Clip option is very simple. First, insert the pistol into the holster and slip the rig under the waistband of your trousers. Tuck your shirt in over the grip of the handgun and arrange it so that it drapes enough to properly conceal the presence of the handgun. Thread the belt through your belt loops normally, pressing the halves of Velcro together to be sure they're properly mated. Buckle the belt normally and make any final adjustments to the shirt so that everything hangs naturally. All C-T.A.C. Clips come in sets of two.

Hope that helps. :D
That's why you order the correct C-Clips (brown clips for a brown belt or black for a black belt) for the belt you wear. :P

I'll agree that the V-Clips give the ultimate concealability, though. However since I wear a black belt 95% of the time, the black C-Clips work just fine for me.

Well son of a .....that's new, they just came out with the brown ones.....right?

Ok, after almost a full day of wearing the new Vclips, I rank them above the rest, I have used standard clips and c clips in the past. My gun is completely secure, there is no movement, no sliding, it stays put, and this is not saying I had a lot of movement with the standard and c clips, they had between a tiny tiny amount and a small amount. The standard clip at the least amount of movement and I could adjust if needed. The C clips had the most amount of movement, I had the old style that did not have a bend on the top that went down that would hold the belt better. I heated them up and bent them down in order to hold better.

So,

Movement: None, excellent

Concealabiltiy: Excellent

Adjustability: Adjustable, but takes more work when compared to standard or c clip, you can adjust while wearing it, just more noticeable if you are in public.

Staying put while on the can: Excellent, stays right where you had them!:D. this is a legitimate concern!

Overall, I like it better than the others even if I loose some of the ease of adjusting, but you get a holster, that disappears and stays put. I grade the clips in this order, the Vclip, the C clip, then the Standard Clip. If you want to completely conceal, and still be able to tuck in your shirt, or don't like wearing "cover garments" this is definitely something to consider.

Edited by db99wj
Guest Verbal Kint

Just an FYI... but the new C-Clips are much better than the standard clips, IMO. I assume due to the new design, since your past experience with the older clips wasn't as favorable. These newer C-Clips are rock solid, with no movement whatsoever. :D

And, yeah, I think they just recently added the color options.

Just an FYI... but the new C-Clips are much better than the standard clips, IMO. I assume due to the new design, since your past experience with the older clips wasn't as favorable. These newer C-Clips are rock solid, with no movement whatsoever. :D

And, yeah, I think they just recently added the color options.

I was reading that they have improved the flex/break ratio from 10,000 to 10,000,000. I broke my standard clips by reaching and grabbing the open in of the clip and yanking them out of pants, not advisable by the way!

The clips I have are also wider than those. I like the looks of those more.

Another good thing about Comptac, they are always trying to improve.

How about that Comptac:koolaid: