Finally placed my order...

Guest GUTTERbOY

Guest GUTTERbOY

... with Del-Ton for my rifle kit. Soon I shall possess my first AR.

Lady I talked to on the phone said they were telling folks 1-2 weeks to get the kits built out and shipped, but intimated that it wouldn't necesarily take that long; that was just a padded estimate.

Hopefully my KISS approach will help get it out quicker. ME WANT!!!

In case you're wondering, it's nothing special. Standard 16" kit, flattop upper with detachable carry handle. No tacticool stuff... yet.

:D

Now begins the time when I check the order status like five times a day. Hopefully I'll have this thing ready to go for the Nov. 16 Chatt area shoot at PC.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY
Congratulations!! If I grt up to PC I'll let you shoot my Sig 556 again. New glass this time, Leupold Mk4 CQ/T. Makes a BIG difference.

By the way, I look forward to shooting your AR.

Sounds good to me! You're of course welcome to blow some rounds through the new EBR... I already ordered 500 rounds from AIM to get me started.

Mine only took a few days.I was totally surprised at the

speediness of it all

Well, here's hoping that's the case with mine as well. The lady did say that they had had a BIG upswing in orders... no surprise there. But the sooner it comes, the lower my chances are of developing an ulcer from anticipation.

... with Del-Ton for my rifle kit. Soon I shall possess my first AR.

Lady I talked to on the phone said they were telling folks 1-2 weeks to get the kits built out and shipped, but intimated that it wouldn't necesarily take that long; that was just a padded estimate.

Hopefully my KISS approach will help get it out quicker. ME WANT!!!

In case you're wondering, it's nothing special. Standard 16" kit, flattop upper with detachable carry handle. No tacticool stuff... yet.

Now begins the time when I check the order status like five times a day. Hopefully I'll have this thing ready to go for the Nov. 16 Chatt area shoot at PC.

Awesome!

Which lower did you go with?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GUTTERbOY

Jeez, is this the early stages of EBR disease? My finger keeps twitching over the refresh button on the order status.

OK, not really. Given the current situation, I'm retaining enough patience to only check the status once or twice a day.

:usa:

EBR disease? I can identify...

I too am waiting on my Del-Ton order... and I'm already planning my next build in my head... I'm thinking 20" match grade upper, Leupold glass, and Magpul PRS stock so far... or do I want to go .308?

Decisions, decisions...

Jeez, is this the early stages of EBR disease? My finger keeps twitching over the refresh button on the order status.

OK, not really. Given the current situation, I'm retaining enough patience to only check the status once or twice a day.

:tinfoil:

Thats OK,Ill let you look at mine this weekend! :P

Those of you in the Chattanooga area where did you get your lowers from? And if you don't mind me asking how much?

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_23&products_id=52&zenid=ukopgmbl4656th412pb0i9kkk1

Guest GUTTERbOY

I got my Spike's lower from Hero-Gear over in Winchester. I believe Joe's selling them for $135 now- I got mine during a sale. :usa:

Just be careful over there. There's a LOT of stuff to drool on. A LOT.

Dunno who, if anyone, keeps them in stock here in town- Carter's might be your best bet.

thanks! i sent skip an e-mail fri and have not heard back from him. i just havent had time to get up there and ask him about it.

you got luck on that price for a spikes tactical they went up to around 170 the week of the election for a stripped lower.

Call them! 238-4800

They will set you up with what ever you want,and maybe even something you dont want :usa:

Guest GUTTERbOY

Wee-hoo! Ship notification! Now I can move from micromanaging my order status to micromanaging the tracking results.

:lol:

Given the current OMFG status of the gun industry, I guess 12 days isn't bad at all.

Edited by GUTTERbOY
Wee-hoo! Ship notification! Now I can move from micromanaging my order status to micromanaging the tracking results.

Given the current OMFG status of the gun industry, I guess 12 days isn't bad at all.

Good news!

Was yours an M4 kit? I'm hoping you'll say yes, which will lead me to think mine may ship sooner due to it being the most likely less in demand mid-length...

Guest GUTTERbOY
It's kinda funny actually... when I ordered it, I had a "meh, it'll get here when it gets here" kind of attitude...

Over the past few days it's turned into a "Where the f!#$ is my s&*% !?" kind of attitude, haha.

I know nothing about the phenomenon of which you speak.