Nest Gen 2 Thermostat Problems

TLRMADE

I installed this thermostat at the end of this past summer and it has worked fine up until about a week ago. It was blowing cold air while it said it was heating the entire time. I woke up one night and it was almost 50° in my house. I took the faceplate off and noticed that the OB orange wire had come out and was not connected properly. I reconnected the wire and once I reconnected the wire the nest says it is heating but no warm air comes out and my system does not turn on. once I reconnected the orange wire into the OB slot I selected O under the equipment list and the heat works fine. when I try to turn AC on no cold air blows out but when I connect the orange wire to the OB slot then the AC kicks on. this past weekend I noticed when I woke up one night that the heat was on and set to 73 but for some reason the nest turns blue and says it's cooling but nothing is coming out. when I reset everything and have the OB wire unplugged I can get the heat to come on but if I leave it alone once it goes through a few cycles it turns back and the nest is blue and says it's cooling but it doesn't do anything. to tell you the truth I'm almost done with this thing. I was just wondering if there were any air-conditioning pros out there or anybody else who has had this problem and can help me? I will try to attach some pictures of what my system looks like and the wiring so that y'all can try to help me. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

As you can see right now the heat is running and working with the OB wire not engaged.

529b630690c509939d13f7ffbbc40602.jpg

5c89f0fe4226f180d992cce96448aafb.jpg

More than likely I will wake up tonight and the heat will have been running but at some point the nest will switch over to tell it to cool and it will be stuck at 73° and it won't heat or cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic