Glock 35 vs. Glock 24

I've been thinking about getting a Glock long slide in .40 S&W as my next purchase. It will primarily be used as a range toy (with a 40-9 lone wolf conversion barrel) and may replace my current nightstand/SHTF gun. I may even get a .357 sig barrel for it too. I don't shoot competition so size isn't an issue, 

I have some experience with the Gen 3 35's but none with the 24. The 35's are readily found anywhere and the 24's seem like they are becoming easier to come by. I've read a bunch of the internet stuff but would like a TGO opinion on whether the hassle of hunting down a 24 and paying extra for it is worth it. Let the opinions begin...     

I sold my Glock 24 for $500 several years ago and I was expecting to move to a G35. I wanted to use 35 for a duty weapon. For most people the primary reason to choose a 35 over a 24 is for certain competition categories. Otherwise, the 24 is a true target pistol. Other than a little extra weight, there isn't much difference in the two.
The 24 is a blast to shoot. The long sight radius makes it a great performer in competition. And although I don't use it in comp shooting, because I don't shoot in comp shooting; it's still a great pistol as a range toy.

I did get the 357 Sig barrel for mine, thinking I would like it more than the 40. I was wrong.

The 24 tames the 40 and makes it a little pussycat.

Of course, if you like flamethrowers...the 357 is the way to go.

The 24 is a blast to shoot. The long sight radius makes it a great performer in competition. And although I don't use it in comp shooting, because I don't shoot in comp shooting; it's still a great pistol as a range toy.

I did get the 357 Sig barrel for mine, thinking I would like it more than the 40. I was wrong.

The 24 tames the 40 and makes it a little pussycat.

Of course, if you like flamethrowers...the 357 is the way to go.

How much does it change the recoil impulse of the 40 S&W? I can't imagine any 40 being pleasant to shoot.

A 24 is gently like a puppy dog, especially with 180gr bullets.

LOL This is dang close. I haven't been a 40 fan in other formats, i.e., the Rugers, Smiths and Glocks. But the 40 in the 24 frame is just amazing. You still know you've shot something, but it's nowhere near the recoil from say a G22 or a Sig 226.

That extra weight and longer barrel just really tame it.

I liked it enough that I'm keeping the gun and my 40 stash of ammo. And that's saying a lot for me

I agree with hipower. I've had 40 in a Sig and a Glock 22 and for me they are not as accurate as a 9. I've never fired a 35 but I have a 24 and to me the recoil is about the same as a G 19 with standard pressure loads and very accurate. I would recommend shooting each before you decide. 

• 2 weeks later...