Boat and Cookeville

Good deal. What did you have done to it?  Mine's not been in the water since easter, hooked the muffs up Sunday and let it run for a bit to make sure all was good. That motor still impresses me to this day. 93 Johnson fast strike, not started in months and fired up on the 3rd turn. 

• Like 1

Good deal. What did you have done to it?  Mine's not been in the water since easter, hooked the muffs up Sunday and let it run for a bit to make sure all was good. That motor still impresses me to this day. 93 Johnson fast strike, not started in months and fired up on the 3rd turn. 

Yea, you got one one of those great OMC motors. The Fast Strikes from 90 to 95 were almost bullet proof motors like my Yamaha. I had to have carbs rebuilt, have inner and out exhaust pans replaced inside power head as they had holes burned in them allowing exhaust to escape inside the power head and that was what was killing number 4 cylinder. Had all new fuel lines and filters replaced, lower unit serviced and seals replaced. Water pump and new primer bulbs replaced. Total bill $908.00. I called a few other dealers and got quotes from them on what all S&R Marine did and everyone of them was $1200.00 or more. That is why S&R does all my work................... :up: :up: :up:

Dang, that's a lot of work done :) You still get out and use it often? I had to replace my lower unit last year, it was the original one from the factory.

Well, yea it was a lot of work and from 1998 when I got the boat new until 2012 I was on the water 5 days a week minimum. either fishing a bass tournament or practicing for one. I had to have a lower unit put on in 1999 under warranty. That was the first time it was in the shop. The 2nd time was back in 2010 for a hard to start when cold issue that S&R fixed in less then 15 minutes at N/C so while they had it I had them do a maintenance service which included the addition of an automatic bulge pump to back up manual pump. They serviced lower unit, did water pump, did complete turn up, fogged carbs for winter storage since it was November, changed all filters and cost me $385.00 for all of that including parts and labor. This was the first major repair on the boat since it was new in 98. I have zero complaints with my Yamaha motor and Skeeter boat. In 2012 I had finally burned myself out and was only spending a couple nights a month smallmouth bass fishing so I turned the boat over to my son in law cause my daughter said I created a monster when I taught him how to bass fish. He is now on the water when ever work will permit it and we still chase Smallies at night J Percy Priest Lake when he can get time off to go................... :up:  :up:    

Well went up and picked up my repaired boat yesterday and am happy to say I had a very UN-eventful trip. left house about 10:30 and back home at 1PM........................ :up: :up:

Glad you didn't have any trouble and you got your boat service done. Still to this day think those punks were cruising through off the interstate.

Glad you didn't have any trouble and you got your boat service done. Still to this day think those punks were cruising through off the interstate.

I do also. I don't think they were local. From what I have heard Cookeville is a pretty cool town so I'm guessing they were just passing through and were probably staying in one of the local motels near by..