took my sister to get her first gun today!

gtssilver

She has decided to get her carry permit so we went to GT distributors (law enforcement store)to get a S&W 642 for only $369.00. They are in GA but have a deal with a pawn shop in TN to do the transfer.

I_Like_Pie met us down there to look around and he ended up buying/ordering a S&W 442 without the lock for the same price as the 642 ($360.00).

GT's is going to get some tactical mossberg 12 gauges in soon for something like $175. They already had 2 or 3 runs of these that sold quick. I_Like_pie got one with ghost rings and shell holders in the stock. great deal if anyone is interested!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DavidD Great deals! What's the name of the pawn shop in TN? Do you buy/pick out the weapons in Ga and then pick them up in TN?

I don't remember the name of the pawn shop. Its fairly new,clean, and nice people to deal with though.

GT's arrangement is that you pay for the gun in their shop and when you are done shopping for other stuff (they have a cool store with a lot of "toys")they drive the gun up the street to the TN pawn shop to do the paper work. They have the process down to a science b/c most of their clientele are cops.

Guest bigsack

yeah i think its quick cash pawn.

She has decided to get her carry permit so we went to GT distributors (law enforcement store)to get a S&W 642 for only $369.00. They are in GA but have a deal with a pawn shop in TN to do the transfer.

I_Like_Pie met us down there to look around and he ended up buying/ordering a S&W 442 without the lock for the same price as the 642 ($360.00).

GT's is going to get some tactical mossberg 12 gauges in soon for something like $175. They already had 2 or 3 runs of these that sold quick. I_Like_pie got one with ghost rings and shell holders in the stock. great deal if anyone is interested!

did you happen to find out when they were getting those tactical mossy's?

i was in there 2 weeks ago and they didn't have any, but im in the market if the price is right

you know what i mean verne?

yea that's it Quick cash pawn.

The guy in charge of ordering firearms is who helped us he said soon (hopefully next few weeks) they are closed obviously thanksgiving but also the day after. give them a call mid week after thanksgiving.

They are now open to the public. At one time you had to be military or LE to go in or at least accompanied by LE/military. When walking up to the door they have to buzz you in so most people think its only open to LE. General public can't buy light bars, Glocks, ( they have some kind of deal with glock) and i think vest but the rest is open to the public.

Edited by gtssilver
any idea the capacity of the shotty's? I need something for 3 gun

9 +1 + 4 in the speedfeed stock. Could probably add a 5 shell holder on the side and a sling that holds 8...heck you would then have an entire box of shells on or in the gun at one time. More than enough :D. Cotton didn't know when the latest ones would arrive, but they will be there soon. A decked out Mossberg 590 for $190 out the door is the deal of the century folks.

Don't forget too that the S&W model (6)42 has a $30 rebate. This means that today I bought got a no internal lock S&W Model 42 for $330. Lowest I have seen a non-IL model was $450...and even they were advertising it as a sale price.

With handguns...You buy in GA with 7% tax and then transfer it over the line to another ffl for $30.

GT's is an AWESOME place to oogle over guns.

Guest Rugerman
9 +1 + 4 in the speedfeed stock. Could probably add a 5 shell holder on the side and a sling that holds 8...heck you would then have an entire box of shells on or in the gun at one time. More than enough :shrug:. Cotton didn't know when the latest ones would arrive, but they will be there soon. A decked out Mossberg 590 for $190 out the door is the deal of the century folks.

Don't forget too that the S&W model (6)42 has a $30 rebate. This means that today I bought got a no internal lock S&W Model 42 for $330. Lowest I have seen a non-IL model was $450...and even they were advertising it as a sale price.

With handguns...You buy in GA with 7% tax and then transfer it over the line to another ffl for $30.

GT's is an AWESOME place to oogle over guns.

Let's go! What kinds of pistols do they carry?

Let's go! What kinds of pistols do they carry?

- Springfield Armory

- Glock (only LE or Military can buy...active or retired) Anyone can buy the used ones.

- S&W

- Sig-Sauer

- Mossberg

- Kel-Tec

They had Used Glock 19 for $299. Haven't seen a used 26 or 27 in there yet.

Guest VolGrad

A bit off topic ... but since the OP strayed to discussion of GT Distr ... retired TN ANG would be eligible to puchase Glocks through them, right? That's retired MIL so I assume it would be OK with MIL ID.

Pretty sure you are good to go, but I would call them up just in case. Use the local number

gtdist.com

Physical Address

100 McFarland Avenue

Rossville, GA 30741

Showroom Hours 8:30-5:00 Eastern Time

P.O. Box Address

P.O. Box 458

Rossville, GA 30741-0458

Orders only: 800-775-5996 Local: 706-866-2764 Information: 800-241-8950 Fax line: 800-480-5846 Local Fax: 706-861-4444