TFA Nashville Chapter June Meeting (06/19/07)

I'd be glad to visit an active successful chapter and see what's what and/or meet with officers. If nothing else, I could take info back to Nashville and offer suggestions. Maybe someone from one of the other chapters could reciprocate and visit a Nashville TFA meeting and offer input?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tjbert47

I'm still wondering what happened to the Aug. meeting. I never heard or saw any information at TFA web site.

I'm ready for someone to step up with the ability and take over. You can't start a chapter by not holding meetings.

I would be happy to take part in a Nashville Chapter, and attend meetings.

Tom in TN :koolaid:

Guest tjbert47
Len... if you're giving any serious thought to this, let me know. Perhaps there is some way I or others here in Nashville could lessen the burden on you to a degree.

Len

Count me in for that. :koolaid:

I just don't understand why a TFA chapter in Nashville hasn't taken off already. Nashville has lots of restaurants at which to meet (hint). Speakers should be easy to find. Lots of gun owners. It should be simple to get a chapter up and running with a bunch of members.

Wish I was close enough to support a Nashville chapter. Len would be a great idea for a chapter president. A pro-gun liberal Democrat. That should shake up some folks and be great for publicity. Might help him get elected to something too. :lol:

The Sept meeting is 9/18 (this Tuesday). I am double-booked that evening, so can't be there. I've been speaking to DunnDW off-board about this and am willing to play a role, but I can't attend the sept meeting.

The Sept meeting is 9/18 (this Tuesday). I am double-booked that evening, so can't be there. I've been speaking to DunnDW off-board about this and am willing to play a role, but I can't attend the sept meeting.

When/where did they announce this? This is the first I'd heard of it still being alive...

I had to email John Harris directly to get the info...sad ain't it. He's going through some bad times with his grandmother, so I"m not going to grind up TFA stuff with him until HE surfaces and gets back into the swing.

I'm going to email Buford and see I can get some particulars about where/time stuff such as that.

• Administrator

I will make an attempt to attend but this will be my last such attempt if the group doesn't seem to have any sense of direction or purpose. I'm pretty ticked that I paid for a membership but I won't be renewing unless things are dramatically different a year from now.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I'm planning on attending. Perhaps we can make our voices heard this time. I have to agree with Tungsten...it ticks me off to see the apathy all due to the fact the one man (John Harris) isn't available to help.

It's like anything else...if you want it done right...we've got to do it ourselves. If we started a TN Gun Owners Association, we wouldn't have the lobbying efforts of John and the NRA behind us...which is what is needed to get the Hill to change direction on the matters that are important to us.

• Administrator

John really doesn't have the time to drive the Nashville chapter. That's why he is looking for someone who will take the ball and run with it. I can feel his pain as there are a lot of things I'd like to be actively involved in, but I simply don't have the time with all of the other stuff going on in my life.

Ideally whomever takes the reigns on this will either be unmarried or of retirement age, as family obligations always will take precedence over fraternal organizations.

Oh well... just rambling.

With the right support structure, and a lil help it's VERY doable. You're right, John doesn't have the time to keep the chapter running..that's Perry's job. Loggging onto a forum, and posting a date/time/place for a meeting seems to be the 1st hurdle to clear the way it stands now.