Tn Action Pistol - 12/16/15 "Christmas Vacation" Match!

I was going to wait till next week to post this, but if y'all like Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation you will appreciate this! We will also include other Christmas themed stages guaranteed to entertain!

Our last match of the year on December 16th will be a fun match themed around the movie Christmas Vacation and other classics! As you can imagine this is gonna be all sorts of fun!! This is also our toy donation match where we have reduced the match fees to $5 + $15 or more worth of new, unwrapped toys. We will be donating the toys to a local group that will distribute to some special kids that wouldn't have had a Christmas this year. It's our chance to give back and help those in less fortunate situations. It's not by any means mandatory, the standard match fees will apply if you choose not (or forget) to bring toys.

Look for a range loaded with Christmas trees and crazy stages.
Stages Teaser:
"Sh***ers Full"
"You shot your eye out"

Safe shooters always welcome, full mags and NO CONCEALMENT required! Edited by Wiljo05
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Just a reminder, this weeks match is gonna be a blast!

4 stages planned, 3 if we run long. But round count will be upper 20's into 30 something per stage. There will be a single sided dueling tree tossed into the mix in one of the stages!

Bring several mags, we will run em full up.

Pistol Cal Carbine also welcome (hint hint DMark)

See everyone Wednesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really wish I could make it. Have fun kids

That stinks. It's gonna be almost as out there as the Halloween match but not quite as hard to see.

One of the Team Shooters just dropped off a bunch of Christmas Trees at the shop that will be in play tomorrow night!
  • Like 1

Stages posted...Will have a 4th depending on time. Don't worry though, there will be plenty of shooting to be had for all that make it! There are several knock down 6" plates scattered throughout! Round count will be 73 minimum, potentially well over 100 if the plates or dueling tree get you!

Classes:

Stock (stock gun, full mags)

Modified (externally modified gun, full mags)

Open (red dot, laser, ect, also full mags)

PCC (Pistol Cal Carbine)

2 reminders:

1)This is our last match of the year, and we will resume January 6th with our weekly matches.

2) This is the donation match, so bring some new, unwrapped toys ($15 min) and shoot for $5! No worries if you forget or don't want to shop, regular match entry fee is available. They will go to a local charity providing toys for a family that wouldn't have the ability without help.

Stages: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Z2FuKZ4cVwYWJTb00yaVU5U0k/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Wiljo05
  • Like 1

Joe, you're killing me. I work evening shifts now from 3-11. Stop having all the fun while I'm at work. Haha. I wanna go...

I hear ya man! Hopefully you'll go to days at some point so you can come out and play! Next year is going to be crazy, lots of ideas and new things coming!

I still need to drop some stuff off with you for milling/cerakoting in all your spare time haha
  • Like 1
Results are posted:
https://practiscore.com/results/5a8431b7-8a4f-4a13-baea-645a7afa648c/overall-combinedrank

Thanks all that came out. Had a great night shooting and was a blast! Where else do you get live trees and other craziness shooting indoors! Also we had a great pile of toys that will make some kids Christmas a little brighter. Thanks for the toy donations, you guys rock!
  • Like 1
Great shooting Joe! Looked like we were racing for "too many points down", lol. I blame the live trees ---- they're everywhere, hahaha. So glad to see everyone! Had a blast with the craziness. Thank you :D

TAP rocks with the Toys For Tots Match (**,)

Happy Holidays!!!
  • Like 1

That was a lot of fun. I'm really glad my girlfriend enjoyed it! We will be back for sure!! I'm just excited I wasn't last!

That's my goal every time!

Great time last night. I always enjoy it. Being a rookie I really appreciate the advice you pros share at the shoots.

Thanks for all the work the TAP teams does to pull these shoots off.

Merry Christmas everybody. I hope you all get lots of toys for Christmas. I need ammo after last night!

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.

Great shooting Joe. The jail target on stage four effed me. 10 points down hurt. But it was a great four shot group! I guess I should have jiggled it more like Andy!

Thank you to everyone who came out tonight. Those toys are going to put smiles on a lot of faces this Christmas.

I should have taken pictures of that grouping. A nice line straight up the border. Just enough to count as hits. LOL

Thanks again all for the toy donations! They have been dropped off and are being transferred to the local National Guard Christmas for Kids Program as I type.

Last night you guys and girls gave back to those less fortunate and not only I, but the families you will effect appreciate it more than you know.

You all are why we do this week in and week out and I'm proud to call y'all my friends!

Thanks again! Edited by Wiljo05
  • Like 1
By the way thanks for the inspiration! I write TV and radio scripts. I wrote one based on Christmas Vacation yesterday that my boss and clients love! You get inspiration in odd ways. I guess I shouldn't be shocked that guns inspire me!

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.
  • Like 1