Stopping the killer...

We have argued and discussed in many ways with many opinions about what and how to stop the killer bent on killing as many people as they can. We have discussed what handgun, calibers, long guns, body armor, chances and odds, fear and tactics ect.ect. There's one simple fact that can't be disputed, almost all of these killers, weather the Islamic terrorist or the lone psycho were eventually stopped by people with guns, either killed or gave up before being killed. You may be surprised how you would react in a life and death situation, not everybody freezes in fear, take for instance the LEO armed with a handgun at the 1st.Amendment celebration in Texas who took out 2 jihadist with long guns and no decent humans died, I know he had training but he took them out regardless. We have posted stories here before about the 12 year old who killed the thug home invader so even a kid can react correctly. People staying calm and doing the right thing happens a lot, the media just doesn't cover it much. Some people do freeze but not everyone. I've never had anyone try to kill me by shooting at me yet but with 806 skydives I have experienced "death fear" a few times and one in particular was very intense with enough adrenalin that a broken ankle felt like putting my foot in a sauna bath, at first, the pain came later. Anyway since i'm writing this it proves I didn't panic and did the correct thing in the "little" time I had to do it. Don't ever count yourself out, you may just do the right thing and the best way to stop a killer with a gun is for you or someone else to have a gun, first rule in a gun fight, have a gun.

• Like 1

Well, I guess I do know what it is like to be shot and on numerous occasions but then anyone that has ever been in combat knows that. What makes me wonder is how many people at shooting scenes cannot tell the difference between gun fire and Party Poppers when you hear them talk about the shooting. Most times they say they heard the gun fire but didn't know what it was. I guess that does come with training to a point. I know what gun fire sounds like in many different conditions from inside a building to out doors. Anyone who owns a gun and has any range time at all should be able to recognize gun fire. I think it is to many on the left that don't own firearms that get interviewed for some reason............... :shrug: :shrug:    

• Like 2