Boyd's Stocks?

I have a stock on order from them.  I did research and found that none of the stock companies seem to have great service. 

The info I found was positive on Boyd's, though I didn't find the site you did.

Any stock you order may well take some work on your part to get it to fit the gun.  Sounds like you have to figure that part out for yourself with Boyd's.

I have a stock on order from them.  I did research and found that none of the stock companies seem to have great service. 

The info I found was positive on Boyd's, though I didn't find the site you did.

Any stock you order may well take some work on your part to get it to fit the gun.  Sounds like you have to figure that part out for yourself with Boyd's.

How old is your order?

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/wildcatthumbhole.htm

You can get the stock in just about any action you can think of.

My Browning A bolt in 7mm Rem Mag.

I looked of their site for a good bit till I found what I wanted in the action I have.

It is a factory second, I never did find the defect, did have to do a good bit of fitting and finish to get it how I wanted to look.

IIFC it was right at 100 dollars, you can spend a lot more for a finished stock.

I called and talked to a very nice lady and she helped me with the order. From order placed to stock in hand was just a few days.

[url=http://s896.photobucket.com/user/redintn/media/Left%20handed%207mm%20mag/abolt2_zps7bb890c0.jpg.html]abolt2_zps7bb890c0.jpg[/URL]

Edited by RED333

Rbert,

I placed the order about a week ago.

I did a lot of Internet research before choosing Boyd's.  I wasn't able to find a reasonably priced supplier with good customer service reviews.  

Boyd's was the best of the lot.  

After ordering my stock I didn't get a follow-up email.  That would irritate me from a company like Amazon, though I've learned to lower my expectations with many of the gun related companies.  

So, I go to the Boyd's site and was able to determine that they don't want to hear from you until your order has been placed for two weeks because it takes that long if they have to make it.

I would still choose Boyd's after reading the reviews you posted, though my expectations have been lowered further.  I won't start getting excited until my order is five or six weeks old.

Rbert,

I placed the order about a week ago.

I did a lot of Internet research before choosing Boyd's.  I wasn't able to find a reasonably priced supplier with good customer service reviews.  

Boyd's was the best of the lot.  

After ordering my stock I didn't get a follow-up email.  That would irritate me from a company like Amazon, though I've learned to lower my expectations with many of the gun related companies.  

So, I go to the Boyd's site and was able to determine that they don't want to hear from you until your order has been placed for two weeks because it takes that long if they have to make it.

I would still choose Boyd's after reading the reviews you posted, though my expectations have been lowered further.  I won't start getting excited until my order is five or six weeks old.

Thanks!

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/wildcatthumbhole.htm

You can get the stock in just about any action you can think of.

My Browning A bolt in 7mm Rem Mag.

I looked of their site for a good bit till I found what I wanted in the action I have.

It is a factory second, I never did find the defect, did have to do a good bit of fitting and finish to get it how I wanted to look.

IIFC it was right at 100 dollars, you can spend a lot more for a finished stock.

I called and talked to a very nice lady and she helped me with the order. From order placed to stock in hand was just a few days.

abolt2_zps7bb890c0.jpg

Thanks!  That looks very nice!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an email from Boyd's that my stock shipped.  Their site says that it usually takes 11-14 business days and today is day #11.

Be aware that their website may show your stock as back ordered.  It probably should say 'in production'. 

The only thing they order is the wood, laminate or other stock material.  I think they manufacture the actual stock.

• Like 1

R_Bert,

My stock came.  It looks great - very high quality.  The gun is taken apart, though in putting on what I could, fit was perfect.  i will absolutely order from them again.

Two notes:  

1. I got the regular finish that is included.  It's fine, though certainly not perfect.  Not sure if you have seen my posts, I like re-finishing stocks and am funny about them.  If I had it to do again, I would pay the extra $10 to come with no finish.  I'll either remove the finish or smooth it out with 0000 steel wool.

Is your Howa a really nice gun that you are proud of?  If so, you might plan on finishing it yourself or paying to upgrade to a nicer finish.

Here is how I would rate the one that came on it.  Better than what Ruger put on my 10/22 but not as good as Savage put on my 110.

2. Remember, your order will show a status on 'backordered' on their website, when they really mean that they are making it.

• Like 1