Mag tactical lower info

Ugly

I came across a mag tactical lower which is lightweight due to its makeup of magnesium/aluminum alloy. The company was pushing lightweight. After a little research I've found they had some machining and finish issues as well as some failures. From what I can tell the failures were a result of ammo.

The company no longer exists, which is a bad sign.

It apparently isn't mil spec either since they had to beef up the areas around the trigger pins and have longer (proprietary) pins.

I was wondering if anyone can offer some advice on it, should I make it a paperweight or give it a go?

Thanks in advance folks!
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Garbage, Garbage, Garbage.

A friend bought a few of these during the hight of the Obama panic, which was about the time this company came out of nowhere. Whittaker's was pimping their stuff hard back them.

Everything about them was garbage. All three needed attention from a drill in order to get them put together. The finish would scratch, flake and peel if you looked at them wrong.

I said back then that MAG Tactical wouldn't last, and many thought I was being too rough on them. Seems like most people came around to my way of thinking. Edited by TripleDigitRide

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.