How to spot a fake acog

Guy had a acog at todays show in franklin. It did not have the fiber optic but did have the battery powered red dot on the top. It was marked trijicion, made in the USA , etc. Asking price was $400 which set off a lot of red flags. I know there are a lot of fakes which scared me off. Anyone ever seen a fake acog?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

With the amount of fakes / clones / ripoffs (take your pick on wording) coming out of Asia, for the airsoft crowd, I wouldn't be surprised if the Acog was indeed fake.

You can find everything from Acogs, to KAC rails, to Troy BUIS... all fake... and all cheaply made (both cost and quality) nowadays. You definitely have to watch what you buy... and, as they say, you get what you pay for.

If its the one I am think of, the one with the doctor optic mounted on top, thats a $1200+ optic. I had to be a fake, if it seems to good to be true then it is. If i was looking for high end stuff like that then I would save my money for a little while and get it from a dealer. i dont know much about the fakes but there are too many of them out there to dodge when your looking for a high end piece like that. Good luck.

-Jason G

Guest deut20:16

Go to any auction site look up G&P sights,they'll be stamped Acog nsn number and all costing under 200 and its nothing more than junk that you'll tose the first time out. I found out the hard way, wouldnt want any one else to.

• 3 weeks later...