The war on poverty

I think we've been fighting it since the 1960s and until today, I thought we were losing.

Uncle Sam has been winning! Defeating, year by year, familes with fathers.

While the black community has the greatest percentage of single parent homes, it is not a uniquely black problem. The link is eye opening as the charts show increasing percentages in white and Hispanic demographics.

http://www.fathers.com/statistics-and-research/the-extent-of-fatherlessness/

Uncle Sam has replaced Dad with .gov entitlements. 

While Uncle Sam may put a meal on the table and pay the utilities, Uncle Sam can't teach how to be a man or a father, can't teach morality, can't  teach respect, can't teach discipline  nor hold a boy or young man accountable. 

Arrest is not accountability, it is a threat and/or consequence for getting caught.

Edited by Gotthegoods
  • Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor
14 minutes ago, Gotthegoods said:

I think we've been fighting it since the 1960s and until today, I thought we were losing.

Uncle Sam has been winning! Defeating, year by year, familes with fathers.

While the black community has the greatest percentage of single parent homes, it is not a uniquely black problem. The link is eye opening as the charts show increasing percentages in white and Hispanic demographics.

http://www.fathers.com/statistics-and-research/the-extent-of-fatherlessness/

Uncle Sam has replaced Dad with .gov entitlements. 

While Uncle Sam may put a meal on the table and pay the utilities, Uncle Sam can't teach how to be a man or a father, can't teach morality, can't  teach respect, can't teach discipline  nor hold a boy or young man accountable. 

Arrest is not accountability, it is a threat and/or consequence for getting caught.

I agree..... with the government it's all about control. The government has enabled sorry excuses of males to rationalize that they don't have to take responsibility for their children cause Uncle Sam will do it for them. I have seen this with my own eyes growing up in Philadelphia. I have been to many one parent homes and have seen first hand the despair and hopelessness the kids go through. I have no use or respect for a man that can bring children into this world and not do the right thing by their children. It's not about a paycheck to a kid.....it's about love, affection, discipline, character building and everything else a child is due.

My house when I was growing up was the place all the kids wanting to hang out. My father was the reason. He showed those kids more attention in a hour than they received from their worthless POS fathers in a lifetime. I remembered that lesson and tried to do the same for my kids fatherless friends.I was rewarded by having the honor to walk a beautiful young lady down the aisle at her wedding.

I'm sorry but I'm rambling but this topic really hits home for me. I've witnessed it my entire life. If any of you have the chance to give a fatherless kid that may be a friend of one of your kids some undivided attention from time to time consider doing it. And if you aren't giving your kids the attention you know they need may I suggest you try harder. There are a lt of excuses why you can't....make sure you'rer not lying to yourself and your child.

• Like 2

"We've always been at war with Eastasia"

"We've always been at war with Eurasia"

"We've always been at war with Poverty"

"We've always been at war with Drugs"

"We've always been at war with Terror"

Anything to keep people busy I guess.

• Like 1