Scale

I reloaded a few rounds tonight. The equipment I bought came with a lee perfect Powder measure and powder scale. I really don't like this scale or powder measure. Does anyone make a good digital scale that doesn't cost $150? Or are any other brand scales or measures any better than the ones I have?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Astra900

I love everything Lee makes, except their scale and measure.

Everything I use is a ball powder. The Lee measure sucks for ball powder, it will leak out the side. I bought a Lyman measure and I use a Hornady scale.

As much as I love Lee dies and tools, their scale and measure suck donkey.

The dies are great and the press is also good. But, this scale and measure suck. The scale will show it over and then I'll bump it and it will settle out at zero, or closer to zero anyway, and the measure leaks all over. The lyman scale looks better than this lee that I have, but I don't know if I want to try another beam scale. But then I wonder if the cheaper digital scales are worth buying, either. Maybe someone will post up with experience with the cheaper digital scales.

Guest Astra900

I had a Frankford Arsenal Digital scale. It would not repeat. I checked it against a GOOD beam scale, and it was off by +/- 1 grain. I lost my temper, laid it on my shop floor and beat it apart with a hatchet. If you have a GOOD set of beam scales you would be happy. Besides I don't believe they will ever make a set of digital scales as accurate as a balance scale.

Cheap digital scale? No thanks.

Guest Astra900
Astra900- So you use an electronic scale? I went to Hornady's site but didn't see a beam scale listed.

Ohh no, I use a balance beam scale. I bought mine from a gun store less than a year ago. I was asking about one and the guy just happened to have one that had been in inventory for a loooooooong time. The box had a THICK layer of dust on it.

Hornady quit making them because of a disagreement with the people they had casting the bodies, or so the rep on the phone told me. Even the workers at Hornady can't figure why they quit making them all together.

I have used an RCBS beam in the past and although they are good, I think the Hornady has 'em beat. I can honestly say, I will never use a digital scale again. To me, they just aren't worth the $$$