Brave Response Holster

• Moderators

Ordered this holster the other day and it just came in.  Now I have not put it through any paces yet but I wore it around the house all afternoon with shorts and a t-shirt and you could not tell I was carrying a G26.  I even went out in the dark wearing it with my new flashlight (that's an entirely different thread LOL). It held everything well and felt good wearing it.  I am a big guy (6'3", 285) so finding something that is comfortable can be tough.  Also finding something that could be worn with a suit is really tough. Normally I just pocket carry a 380 or something but this will allow multiple options.

http://www.brshooting.com/product/braveholster/

My first impression is very positive.  Plus it is 100% USA made.  I plan on giving it a good workout this weekend.  I searched and didn't find anything about this on the forum so curious if anyone else has this and their thoughts.

Edited by ggwilde
  • Like 2
  • Moderators
On 10/22/2016 at 6:01 AM, jgradyc said:

Does it make you sweat? I have a waistband holster that's about 6 inches wide all the way around. It makes me sweat so much, it's not comfortable to wear. I see the waistband is narrower on this, but what's your experience with it?

I have worn this exclusively since I received it.  I have had no sweating issues.  It is very comfortable to wear.  Have used it a lot with dress pants and tucked in dress shirt and gym shorts and t-shirt.  No one has yet to notice unless I point it out.  Extremely happy with it. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, jgradyc said:

I sent them an email asking if the belt would fit me. I'm 29-30" waist. I don't want to have a foot of overlapping Velcro to fasten every time I put it on.

I believe a seamstress could easily cut to fit.  The way it is made you might could even cut to fit without sewing but I wouldn't want to say for sure.  Hopefully they have one in your size.  Have wore this with suit most of week and no issues at all.  I am liking it more and more every day.

I emailed the company. The reply assured me that it would fit. It comes with instructions of how to cut it down to fit my smaller waist (30"). I ordered the holster, but I still have two concerns.

1. A holster that is big enough to hold a full size gun is going to have a lot of wasted material when used for the smaller compacts I prefer to carry. That extra material is going to be uncomfortable when sitting down, driving, etc.

2. The vecro won't really cut down to fit or won't connect properly when I cut it down from its maximum length to something I can wear. It shipped today so I'll know next week. My seamstress can sew the ends if necessary.

Edited by jgradyc

Holster arrived two days ago. I've worn it with the S&W Shield and Taurus 709 Slim. Here's my thoughts so far. 

My two main concerns prior to getting it are without merit. The extra material doesn't seem to adversely affect the comfort level with smaller compacts. The Velcro can be easily cut down to fit my 30 inch waist.

PRO

1. It's easy to put on and take off. 
  2. It works great with sweat pants or anything without a belt. This alone is a huge plus for me and justifies buying it.
  3. It's reasonably comfortable. It's not to the point that I don't know it's there, however.
  4. Everything fits so far, except a couple of handguns with lasers. I haven't tried it with a 1911 or the KelTec P3AT yet. 
  5. It can be worn IWB or OWB. 
  6. The workmanship is high quality.
  7. It's relatively easy to use the toilet, especially compared to other IWB holsters I've tried.

CON

1. Pricey
  2. When wearing it over a t-shirt, the belt shows over the top of my jeans in front. I guess that's more of a wardrobe issue. Still...

The jury is still out on rapid drawing. I think that might also be a wardrobe issue. I need to experiment a bit more to find out.

UPDATE: For me, this is not a rapid draw holster. But then, high concealment and rapid draw are somewhat incompatible. I can draw faster from a OWB holster at 3 o'clock, but I prefer the more hidden 5 o'clock position. 

If you carry a spare mag AND you want to carry it in this holster, you'll have to learn to cross draw the mag. This is not a concern for me. First, I can reach it,. Second, I don't carry a spare mag.

After a week, this is now my favorite holster. Now that I can see how they are made, I intend to fabricate another one to keep my car gun in. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jgradyc said:

UPDATE: For me, this is not a rapid draw holster. But then, high concealment and rapid draw are somewhat incompatible. I can draw faster from a OWB holster at 3 o'clock, but I prefer the more hidden 5 o'clock position. 

If you carry a spare mag AND you want to carry it in this holster, you'll have to learn to cross draw the mag. This is not a concern for me. First, I can reach it,. Second, I don't carry a spare mag.

After a week, this is now my favorite holster. Now that I can see how they are made, I intend to fabricate another one to keep my car gun in. 

Glad you like it.  I agree it is not a rapid draw.  The pro for me is to be able to wear with dress pants and shirt and still not be noticed.  I have practiced to the point I am very comfortable with draw time.  Again it is not rapid draw but still quick to where I feel comfortable.