A really bad day....

Guest Keinengel

Guest Keinengel

So today started out like any other I suppose. I got up and took my younger brother to school then started head in the direction of cookeville to go to school my self. And then It all went wrong... I got off 840 and on to I-40 and then my SUV started to shake violently. At first I just figured it was the EGR valve throwing a fit and causing a misfire like it does so I went to pull over and let it chill for a minute or two. Then it went clank and smoke came pouring out from under the hood. So I got out and took a look at it myself and It was a mess. After the wrecker came and It to my uncle's house (who is a mechanic) He declared that the Engine had blown. Apparently on of the Thermostats had gone out and the instrument gauge wasn't showing the engine temp. And the radiator decided to go out again this morning as well.

It's a 1998 Lincoln Navigator that my parents bout in 2000 and I bought from them in 2006 after joining the army. It had 199,000 miles on it right before the engine blew and we'd already replaced the transmission, radiator and dozens of other parts. I don't have the money to get it running again and I definatly don't have the money to buy a new car so this was definatly a bad day indeed. So i guess I'll prolly sell the last gun I have left, lol.

I guess the point being that a lot of us are being forced to drive beat up old vehicles to death because we simply don't have the money to replace them.

Edited by Keinengel
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Keinengel

Meh the problem Is without my car I'm totally stuck. My family is all poor so I'm not gonna get any help on this one. Gotta work, gotta go to school, etc. This sucks. ;)

That wreck I showed you guys left me paralyzed from the waist down temporarily. It was a tank bought only for the purpose of protection. You coulda been so much worse.

Not a bad day at all. You could have been told you have cancer, been maimed in a car accident, etc. Cars are stuff. You can replace stuff. What you experienced is a minor inconvenience. I'm sure it was aggravating, however.

This.

Guest buttonhook

and a bullet wont solve it now either....it would have 2 months ago. But not now. So now I've got a single teenage daughter who has had sex twice with no skills, job, or high school education. And of course the "boy" or his family doesnt want anything to do with her now (Boy told her to get rid of it and the mother slammed the door in her face). So I expect no support there and her real father is a POS who has never even paid to support her I've raised her since she was 5. Oh yeah and it was becuase of the POS father that she is knocked up. Because he was trying to get out of paying anymore child support(funny he never paid anyway) sued for equal custody and the courts said "she must be allowed to stay at his house every other week" even though he has never tried to be her father. but what was really said was "you must let her run wild, be unsupervised every other week, and allow the POS father to undemine your rules so she and her no good boyfriend (that she only knew for a month and who I've never meet) can be allowed have sex in her bedroom at her father's house while her POS father sits in the livingroom and watchs TV. Thus changing her life, her childs life, and everyone elses around her forever"

Oh yeah and not that I'm racist or anything however, this world is unfortunatly, the bady is going to be of mixed race. Which in this world will only make things more difficult for her and the baby because the baby will never really fit in any where and will have to overcome many extra challenges

Edited by buttonhook

I know it wouldn't do any good ( believe me, "been there, done that" with the worthless father routine ), but somebody would still have to take an ass-whippin'... just to make me feel better.

and a bullet wont solve it now either....it would have 2 months ago. But not now. So now I've got a single teenage daughter who has had sex twice with no skills, job, or high school education. And of course the "boy" or his family doesnt want anything to do with her now (Boy told her to get rid of it and the mother slammed the door in her face). So I expect no support there and her real father is a POS who has never even paid to support her. Oh yeah and it was becuase of the POS father that she is knocked up. Because he was trying to get out of paying anymore child support the courts said "she must be allowed to go to his house every other week even though he has never tried to be her father." but what was really said was "you must let her run wild, be unsupervised every other week, and allow the POS father to undemine your rules so she and her no good boyfriend (that she only knew for a month and who I've never meet) can be allowed have sex in her bedroom at her father's house while her POS father sits in the livingroom and watchs TV. Thus changing her life, her childs life, and everyone elses around her forever"

Souds like she's lucky to have you in her life.

Guest Glock23ForMe

That sucks for your car man, If I had any way to help you, I would...

Hey... Just pray that the baby will be healthy.. I mean, you never know.. Peyton Manning came from a womb, so did Bill Gates. Don't discount that child that's in her belly for lost yet. It could be someone that will be horrendously successful and awesome.. Just love it, care for it, and treat it like your own. It'll all work out.

Guest buttonhook

Well legally speaking I cant say that there will or there wont be an ass wippin in the near future but................................since the father is 18 well I might feel threaten

Guest buttonhook
That sucks for your car man, If I had any way to help you, I would...

Hey... Just pray that the baby will be healthy.. I mean, you never know.. Peyton Manning came from a womb, so did Bill Gates. Don't discount that child that's in her belly for lost yet. It could be someone that will be horrendously successful and awesome.. Just love it, care for it, and treat it like your own. It'll all work out.

I'm just still in the pissed OFF stage right now!!

Most people don't think about how bad their day/life can really get.

They squall and holler at the least little thing, and think it's the end of the world.

So a good kick in the ass every now and then - and a little perspective - is a good thing, most days.

Edited by Jamie