Welcome to Tennessee Gun Owners

Welcome to Tennessee Gun Owners -- The Premier Website for Tennessee Firearms Owners and Enthusiasts

If you have an account with us, please Sign In.

If you do not have an account, register now for one! It's 100% free and easy to do. »» Join TGO Now ««

As a member of Tennessee Gun Owners you can...
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

22 tcm reloading data

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 tangojuliet

tangojuliet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

the title says it all

#2 Westwindmike

Westwindmike

TGO Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts
Carry Permit Holder Military NRA Member

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

No it doesn't.

Are you offering to supply reloading info?

Do you need data?

#3 nightrunner

nightrunner

TGO Senior Member

• TGO Benefactor
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

Last magazine article on .22tcm said Armscor themselves didnt even have any load data ironed out yet.

#4 tangojuliet

tangojuliet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Last magazine article on .22tcm said Armscor themselves didnt even have any load data ironed out yet.

really  thats comforting  to know .... :stunned:

#5 Wiljo05

Wiljo05

TGO Member

• TGO Benefactor
  • 499 posts
Carry Permit Holder NRA Member

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

Wow I thought I was the only one!!! Glad to see someone else has the bug that round causes. I'll share my load data, but it was pulled from a load program as well as Fred Craig for a reference. Pm me and I'll reply with details.

#6 Dolomite_supafly

Dolomite_supafly

SME AR-15's + Wildcats

• Moderators
  • 9,047 posts
Carry Permit Holder Military

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

With such a small bottlenecked case there is going to be a very small margin between minimum and maximum. I suspect there are going to be a lot of kabooms when people do start reloading.

#7 Superman

Superman

TGO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts
Carry Permit Holder

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Guess this could give you something to do with your 300blk brass after the necks split.

• Wiljo05 likes this

#8 Dolomite_supafly

Dolomite_supafly

SME AR-15's + Wildcats

• Moderators
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Guess this could give you something to do with your 300blk brass after the necks split.

I anneal so I haven't seen too many split case necks. But you can also use 223 or 300 BO brass to make 7.62x25 Tokarev too. I have 500+ pieecs of Starline brass in 7.62x25 so I can't see me making any anytime soon.

For those who think the 22TCM is new go check out the 22 Reed Express or the 224 VOB. There is nothing new anymore.

#9 nightrunner

nightrunner

TGO Senior Member

• TGO Benefactor
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

Also .224BOZ

#10 oldognutrix

oldognutrix

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

Here's some info for those who might be interested in reloading the 22 tcm.  Armscor 40 gr bullet and H110 gets it downrange effectively.  10 gr of H110 does eject cases but still need to dial in cautiously.  I don't have chrono for velocity so look for pressure signs.  So far so good.  I have heard reports of over 11 gr  H110 but seems a lot for this little volume.  I would like to find a 40gr hp to try.  Any suggestions?

#11 Wiljo05

Wiljo05

TGO Member

• TGO Benefactor
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:50 AM

Here's some info for those who might be interested in reloading the 22 tcm.  Armscor 40 gr bullet and H110 gets it downrange effectively.  10 gr of H110 does eject cases but still need to dial in cautiously.  I don't have chrono for velocity so look for pressure signs.  So far so good.  I have heard reports of over 11 gr  H110 but seems a lot for this little volume.  I would like to find a 40gr hp to try.  Any suggestions?

10grains of 110 and the factory bullet got me consistent 1650 - 1690 fps. That's with the factory 40 gr bullet. Not close to factory ammo sadly. I chrono'd factory and was getting 2010 - 2150. That was 10 rounds pulled from 2 random boxes.

I tried a few vmax bullets, and OAL was an issue. To get OAL it was either seriously compress the charge or back it off a bit. I opted to back off! I'd love to find some other options on bullets, but taking it seriously slow due to the lack of margin of error being a hot round already.

I have been tweaking the loads on a program I have for the computer to try, and according to it there are several powder options, but none that get it to the 2k fps.

#12 Dolomite_supafly

Dolomite_supafly

SME AR-15's + Wildcats

• Moderators
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:22 AM

H110 is going to be way too slow for such a small case. HS6 and Longshot would be more appropriate than H110. I have used H110 for 300 Blackout and it probably has twice the capacity of 9mm.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly, 16 August 2013 - 02:23 AM.

#13 Chopper818

Chopper818

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
NRA Member

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

FIrst of all, thank you for letting me log on to this site. I hope you don't mind but I am way out in Calfornia, am reloading for the 22TCM and noticed you guys are reloading too.

Not much data to be found. In an effort to expand the conversation I took the liberty of regsitering here and will add what little I know. I am by no means an  authority and I am just

going to share the limited experience I've had so far.

Last week I got the dies and loaded some rounds for my 22tcm. It's a cz rifle. I don't know if you boys are loading for rifle or pistol but I gotta start somewhere.

OAL is certainly an issue. I was shooting 40 vmaxes that were 1.40 and 35 vmax that were 1.35. Way longer than factory. I have to flare the case mouth slightly to seat the bullets without

misshaping the cones.  I loaded up 10 and 10.5 of W296. I also loaded the 40 vmax and 40 Berger varmint with 9.8 of 4227. At 50 yards I got some very promising groups but the exact same loads went way wide

when I switched to 100. I tried 45gr hornet bullets with similar loads and that was a bust.

Thanks for the  posts above. As you make more progress I'd love to hear about it.

Edited by Chopper818, 18 October 2013 - 12:05 AM.

#14 smokndav

smokndav

TGO Newcomer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Carry Permit Holder Military NRA Member

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Very interesting info. Just got my hornady die set from asw and hope to load some this weekend. I have 2 guns,a commander I bought at bills outpost In Maryville and a full size from Fred Craig with trigger job and vz grips. Neither gun seems very accurate with factory ammo. Fred is selling ammo that he says is better than factory??? $450 + ship for 1000 RDS.

#15 BCR#1

BCR#1

TGO Newcomer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Now I see why the brass was left on the ground the other day. I picked it up as a novelty.

Bill

#16 moil in Maine

moil in Maine

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Military

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:36 PM

H110 is going to be way too slow for such a small case. HS6 and Longshot would be more appropriate than H110. I have used H110 for 300 Blackout and it probably has twice the capacity of 9mm.

Have you tried using Longshot yet?  If so, care to share the results?