Carry 9 Slide locked Closed

Guest gjameson

Guest gjameson

I have a Carry 9 that I have been breaking in and had a problem today. While shooting I had the slide lock closed. I can not cycle the slide at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gerald Jameson

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadow12

If you have the Para LDA carry9, which is what I figure you are talking about. If you have ever dropped it, the grip safety can be keeping the slide from moving. The internals on these pistols are very fragile, good pistol, just easy to hurt.

If you have a round or case stuck in the chamber, then disregard what I just said. If you don't have anything in the chamber that is causing it to stay closed, IM me and I will try to help you through it, I have worked on these, they are a pain sometimes.

Guest db99wj

If the casing is stuck in the chamber as mentioned above, there is a technique that you can do. I would do this at a place where you have a safe firing area. If you are right handed, you can take your left hand and put it on top of the slid, your left thumb will be on the inside, and pointed at your chest, grip it very hard and firm, the gun is pointed downrange. You then, with your right hand hit with an open hand, the webbing area between your thumb and trigger finger, like you are going to grip the gun, at the top of the grip just below the slide. Start off gently, and get a little harder until it breaks free, the whole time keeping your weapon pointed downrange. the whole time keeping your weapon pointed downrange.

I would say if you are not comfortable with this, you might give a call to a range and maybe they can help you out.

Guest gjameson

db99wj, thanks for the directions.This is a Para LDA Carry 9. This worked great. After about 4 pats, it opened up nicely. That's what I get for using TN orange box reloads. Although I have never had any problems with them in the past.

Gerald

Guest db99wj
db99wj, thanks for the directions.This is a Para LDA Carry 9. This worked great. After about 4 pats, it opened up nicely. That's what I get for using TN orange box reloads. Although I have never had any problems with them in the past.

Gerald

Great, glad it worked out for you.

I haven't had any trouble with Tennessee Reloads before but I did get a bad one last week. It jammed like a 3 point jam with the round angled up but not going into the throat. After I hit the slide a time or two, it closed and then I racked the slide only to have the case eject and leave the bullet in the barrell. I can only believe that the bullet wasn't seated properly from the beginning and that made the round too long to feed properly.

Guest db99wj
Sorry for an aside to the thread, but who/where is "Tennessee Reloads"? Googling didn't help.

- OS

A local "mass produced" reload company. He supplies ammo to the ranges. Located in bartlett or oakland right outside of Memphis.

Guest pjblurton

Since the OP's issue has been resolved, I do not feel so bad about potentially hijacking this thread.

A local range in the area had fliers posted up last month that stated that everyone should support thier local range. Talked about several ranges going out of business in the last little while and potential causes for these closures. The one they chose to focus on was patrons purchasing their ammo at walmart or other discount outlets rather than from the range. Thus, the ranges loose money and eventually go out of business. It made me feel really guilty.

Now, let me go on record first and foremost by saying I support my local range. I buy their range time. I buy their targets. I buy their training. I send my wife to their training. I refer everyone I know to go buy their rang time, targets and training. Hell, my daughter works there.

That being said, I bring my own ammo. Not because I save a buck or two, but because they sell this crappy a$$ reload junk. I don't know who loaded it, I don't know where it came from and I ain't running it through my gun. Period! I did express my view to an employee at the counter and he did give his point of view and we both agreed to disagree.

I don't know if I canged any minds or not but the signs were not up this week...

\rant

Since the OP's issue has been resolved, I do not feel so bad about potentially hijacking this thread.

A local range in the area had fliers posted up last month that stated that everyone should support thier local range. Talked about several ranges going out of business in the last little while and potential causes for these closures. The one they chose to focus on was patrons purchasing their ammo at walmart or other discount outlets rather than from the range. Thus, the ranges loose money and eventually go out of business. It made me feel really guilty.

Now, let me go on record first and foremost by saying I support my local range. I buy their range time. I buy their targets. I buy their training. I send my wife to their training. I refer everyone I know to go buy their rang time, targets and training. Hell, my daughter works there.

That being said, I bring my own ammo. Not because I save a buck or two, but because they sell this crappy a$$ reload junk. I don't know who loaded it, I don't know where it came from and I ain't running it through my gun. Period! I did express my view to an employee at the counter and he did give his point of view and we both agreed to disagree.

I don't know if I canged any minds or not but the signs were not up this week...

\rant

I dont mind supporting my local range but their ammo is 14.99 for 50, and I can get it at wal-mart for 8.97, That is a big difference. So I bring in my own ammo.

Guest gjameson

I had two rounds do exactly the same thing, leave the bullet in the chamber, out of a previous box. It did not look like they were properly seated.

The only reason I buy some of the range ammo is just for convenience, guess I will just start buying a box when we go to Wal-mart now.

Edited by gjameson