New Meprolight FT bullseye sight

I just purchased this sight have have a few comments.  First, it does not seat on my Glock 43.  The dovetail mount that came with the sight simply will not pull tight when the screws are set. I called support at the Mako Group (they distribute the sight) and was told I could file down the top of the dovetail mount to make it work.   Instead, I just switched it to one of my Glock 19's and it fits perfectly (I also tried it on a Glock 20 and that works as well).  I suspect the dovetail grooves on the Glock 43 may be milled to slightly different specs.  As for sight performance, it's great outdoors.  It took me a bit to get used to not searching for the front sight (which is no longer needed) but I soon got the hang of it.  Also, the brighter the sunlight the clearer the sight picture.  Indoors it's a slightly different story (for my eyes, anyway).  So, I'm a bit leery of putting it on an EDC weapon but think it will make an awesome hunting sight.  It will probably end up on the Glock 20.

Edited by Jared Hensley
corrected some typos
14 hours ago, hipower said:

That looks great. But you indicated some reluctance about it for indoor use. May I ask why you said this?

Yes, I am reluctant to recommend it for indoor use. If I stand in front of a light source (TV, lamp) in a dimly lit room the sight is difficult for me to see.  But outside it works great.  Tried it again yesterday after the clouds rolled in - still excellent results.  I'll definitely keep it on the Glock 20 for daytime woods excursions.  

3 minutes ago, Jared Hensley said:

Yes, I am reluctant to recommend it for indoor use. If I stand in front of a light source (TV, lamp) in a dimly lit room the sight is difficult for me to see.  But outside it works great.  Tried it again yesterday after the clouds rolled in - still excellent results.  I'll definitely keep it on the Glock 20 for daytime woods excursions.  

Thank you. I'll have to research this fully, and try to find some of them before buying.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jared Hensley said:

You may be interested in this review.  The writer has some of the same issues I experienced.   https://www.thegunwriter.com/21393/product-review-meprolights-ft-bullseye-pistol-sight-wvideo/

I must thank you again, this is just the type of information I was looking for. Perhaps waiting for a second generation of this might be better. My shooting, the bulk of it anyway, is usually indoors. So that sort of takes the Mepro FT unit off the table for me now.

• Like 1