BigPoppa

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh... the jealousy is palpable.

Go Gators, great win.

Haha, no jealousy here, just making the point. Gator fans in general act like they haven't been there before as their success is such a recent thing.

New money indeed!

SEC 3 years in a row!!!!!!!

I love SEC football, and root for all the SEC teams when they play. We ate at Chilis last night, and there were many people there rooting for the Sooners, and they were very loud during the game. We left Chilis at halftime.

Go SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEC 3 years in a row!!!!!!!

I love SEC football, and root for all the SEC teams when they play. We ate at Chilis last night, and there were many people there rooting for the Sooners, and they were very loud during the game. We left Chilis at halftime.

Go SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But remember, the Little12 was the superior conference this year and the SEC stunk...

hehe

Guest db99wj

Here is the final bowl results per conference

ConferencesW-L

Pac-10 ......................5-0

SEC ............................6-2 (Alabama and South Carolina lost)

Big East .....................4-2

C-USA .....................4-2

Mountain West ..........3-2

Big 12 .......................4-3

Sun Belt ...................1-1

ACC ........................4-6

WAC .......................1-4

Big Ten ...................1-6

MAC ......................0-5

Edited by db99wj
Guest JavaGuy

Thanks for posting the bowl W-L for the various conferences. My sports allegiances have always ran along the lines of local teams first, in-state schools second, conference and regional teams third..

Yeah, my little brother used to be slightly obnoxious about UT.. to the point that for a while, my two favorite teams were Vandy and whoever was playing UT that day.

Final thought.. It is way past time for a playoff system to be put in place. Unfortunately, the bowl system has too much money to wave around for the college presidents to get behind it. Like I said previously, I root for the locals, in-state, conference and regionals first. I was pulling for the Gators over Oklahoma and for Alabama over Utah. The Gators put the Sooners away... but the Tide got their heads handed to them by Utah. I would like to see Florida and Utah tee it up... but that sure isn't going to happen.

Guest mikedwood

I'm a Gators fan and the win was great, but over that I find great joy whenever any SEC team wins the title.

It's more than interesting being a Gators fan in Knoxville but this year it lost it's fun for some reason even with the championship win.

Guest pjblurton

If you figure the BCS Championship system has been in existance for 10 years and the SEC Champion has won the National Championship 5 of those 10 years. Thats pretty freaking cool right there.:cool:

I had to listen to my boss (a Georgia Tech fan) preach about how over-rated the SEC was and how, after thier bowl, Georgia Tech will be 3-0 over the SEC. Blah Blah Blah...:drama:

I was elated to see LSU stomp the ***** out of 'em.:screwy:

I love SEC football!!!:P

Guest pjblurton
Maybe TEBOW can end up being drafted by the Titans...

Even though I Love SEC football.... The Gators just ain't my team.

I hope the F***** goes to Detroit!

I stopped liking the Chicago Bears just because of Rex Grossman...

Guest nraforlife
Even though I Love SEC football.... The Gators just ain't my team.

I hope the F***** goes to Detroit!

I stopped liking the Chicago Bears just because of Rex Grossman...

Won't wish Detroit on my ex.. Well let me rethink that