7.62x39 bolt action???

Guest jdavis

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno about cheap... but CZ makes a bolt gun in 7.62x39. Its the model 527. There is also the Remington Model 799

Cheap would be the Rossi Single Shot in 7.62x39

Edited by sling
Guest gcrookston

besides the 2 listed above, I know of no others. 7.62x39 is about like 30-30 win. a bolt gun in either of those calibers would have a very limited market. For the price of a bolt gun, I would just get 2 or 3 SKS carbines and call it a day.

i would buy 2 sks but the prices have gone plumb stupid $400 for an sks is just something im not willing to do. do yall think they will go back down? and why do you think people have got it in their heads that sks have doubled, or trippled in some cases in value?????

i would buy 2 sks but the prices have gone plumb stupid $400 for an sks is just something im not willing to do. do yall think they will go back down? and why do you think people have got it in their heads that sks have doubled, or trippled in some cases in value?????

One word.

Obama.

The SKS is one of the rifles on pretty much all proposed AWB.

is there even a chance that the proposed awb will even be approved and if so will it even make a difference all they can really do is stop them from being imported ,right? i mean they arent going to come and get them from anyone and if they decide to do something like that i sure wouldnt want to lead that team. i think people should really just :lol: about it. getting excited about a bunch of proposed banns is really just showing the old raghead where to look. have you noticed the increase in sks's , ar's,and ak's going up for sale now that people feel like they can put their own price on them thats kind of like putting a big red banner up saying look here i have one. and im selling it for three times as much as i paid for it.........sorry for the ranting. getting back on track has anyone seen one of the rugers chambered in 7.62x39 for sale used anywhere?

is there even a chance that the proposed awb will even be approved and if so will it even make a difference all they can really do is stop them from being imported ,right? i mean they arent going to come and get them from anyone and if they decide to do something like that i sure wouldnt want to lead that team. i think people should really just :lol: about it. getting excited about a bunch of proposed banns is really just showing the old raghead where to look. have you noticed the increase in sks's , ar's,and ak's going up for sale now that people feel like they can put their own price on them thats kind of like putting a big red banner up saying look here i have one. and im selling it for three times as much as i paid for it.........sorry for the ranting. getting back on track has anyone seen one of the rugers chambered in 7.62x39 for sale used anywhere?

Well no. There is usually a grandfather clause is in there that allows pre-existing owners to keep their 'evil rifles.'

An AWB would cause supply to to dip dramatically and prices to soar. This is why people are panic buying. They want to avoid 'the rush' so to speak.

I know lots of people that saw the current panic coming and bought up receivers and other various parts to make complete AR's. The panic occured when anticipated and they turned around and make a nice profit off of said AR. Now, your not supposed to purchase guns, etc, to make a profit as a private non FFL seller. But, as you can imagine, it does happen.

Are people gouging? In my opinion, no. Are the prices high? Hell yes they are.

Its simply the way the market works. When the demand is high and the supply not that great... prices go up. They'll go as high as people are willing to pay for them.

Edited by sling

There's an Aussie company, AIA who manufacture(d?) new bolt action rifles based on the Lee Enfield No.4 series. They had one chambered in .308, but they also made one chambered in 7.62x39 which took standard AK magazines. There have been at least two companies who tried to import them, but I don't know if anybody currently is doing so.