tercel89

45 ACP "carry" ammo

Thanks guys , I ended up going with Winchester 230gr JHP . They were $33 per 50rds. I couldn't beat that. I am going to still look more into the Speer Gold Dots , The Federal Guard Dog , and Federal HST. They all seem very good. I carry a Glock 30 , 21 and a 1911 all in 45 so I may carry a different one in each of them. The 21 and 30 aren't picky so I'm sure they'll run in them. My 1911 hasn't ever failed with any ammo but I'll run a few of each in it "just in case" . Its a plain jane Springfield fullsize but it eats ammo very well. Thanks all for the help !

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:11 PM, gregintenn said:

230 grain fmj atop 5 grains of Bullseye; just like John Browning and Uncle Sam intended.:hat:

I carry 230 grain FMJ in all of my 1911s.  100% reliable.

Edited by tnhawk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bucnball
      Got 4 bags of assorted 303 ammo @ estate sale . About 20 rds. each. Most have age related stains .Would it be safe to put 'em in the Vibrashine in small batches ? Mostly 1943 vintage. 
    • By tercel89
      I may have made a thread on this , but I don't remember so forgive me if I did , I searched and didn't find one. I have been reloading 9mm for 4 years and started 45acp months ago. I hear people that have horror stories about blowing up there Glock 21 and 30's with reloads. Do any of you guys know if this is because of reloaders not paying attention or is the Glock chamber a lot bigger and weakens the brass quicker ? Or anything else ? Thanks for any information.
    • By Backon4
      Anyone around Columbia process their own lead and cast? I’ve been reloading for a couple of years and am now curious about casting. Would like to find someone near by who wouldn’t mind me hanging out while they go through the steps. I’ve seen plenty of YouTube videos but would like to see it first hand before I dive into it. Have been collecting lead for a while and just not sure if it’s right for me yet. 

Footer title

This content can be configured within your theme settings in your ACP. You can add any HTML including images, paragraphs and lists.

Footer title

This is an example of a list.

Footer title

This content can be configured within your theme settings in your ACP. You can add any HTML including images, paragraphs and lists.

Footer title

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines