Wilson CQB (pics & long story) WWYD?

MikeW

I picked up a used CQB a few weeks ago. I was able to get it out to the range this past Saturday and run 400+ rounds through it.

This is my first Wilson and it is a dream to shoot. I better get more pratice in... this gun shoots much better than I do.

It does have a problem. It would not lock back on an empty mag 8 out of 10 times. Ok, so I tried three other Wilson 47D's and no luck. I tried friends Kimpro and it would lock open sometimes.

I asked the gunsmith at Guns & Leather (Great guy)to give it a once over. He agreed that the mag's were in good order and that the follower was doing its' job. He saw the gun dirty and said to clean and oil it well.

"Maybe it will break in", he said.

When I got it home, I cleaned and oiled with Wilson ultmalube. Afterwards it would lock open 25% of the time when I racked the slide. The plunger is TIGHT and the original OD slide stop has a "notch" it. With the slide off and the stop in the frame, a mag would pop the SS up.

My spare Wilson Extended SS (new in pkg) does not have a notch in the SS. I put the Extended in and the slide stop would catch every time... with the slide on.

Back to happy

Now my only problem is a blue slide stop on a Black and OD Green CQB. I am going to call Wilson tomorrow and see what they will do for me.

3227595874_a531729347_b.jpg

3226759177_957d5286fb.jpg

3226767549_a0b9c42c64.jpg

***Update today (Monday)

I just got off the phone with Wilson. GREAT Customer Service!

My options are to send the gun back to them for them to fit a new OD SS in the gun. Or, I can mail them the extended SS out of my parts bin (new) and they will finish it in any color that I want.

Now my question is ...is the Extended 7B SS as strong as the bullet proof slide stop? Should I even worry about it? I do like the idea of the extended SS but I do not want to have a breakage down the road. Would you guys opt for the bullet proof over the extended that seems cast or MIM?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to call them again tomorrow. I want their "bullet proof" slide stop in ODG. After talking to some folks the extended slide stop may cause premature lock back. I would hate to go through the hassle of sending them my stop to only get it back with a new problem (premature lock back).

For what those guns cost, and based on support i've recieved from other companies on much less expensive guns, anything less than them picking up 2nd day air both ways at their expense, and the gun back in your hands functioning 100% in not more than a week is what I'd expect... Any less would be inadaquate (especially since it's fair to expect the slide to lock back each and every time on a $500 Taurus 1911 these days...).

I've thought about getting a Wilson at some point, please follow up with how they handle it and good luck, nice gun.