Casing or Paranoid

Guest nraforlife

Guest 7987Steve
I forgot to tell him to narrate while he does it too.

"The thing about making people not want to mess with you or the area your in is to instill fear. Make them think you are better equipped and prepared than they are. A cheap earpiece and a camera with a really bright flash should do the trick." :)

As easily as Punisher generated that mock narration, I think it's safe to assume he does that all day long!!

HA!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the casing scenario. I also think that since you couldn't see the plates that I would probably called it in to the police. No guarantee that they will do something but they might step up the patrol in your area.

Guest mustangdave

Casing the hood is my opinion. I'm the neighborhood nosy bastard...I'll walk over the the basketball court and give the evil eye to kids/people i don't recognize. I'm Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino...:)

Casing. Cell phone pic of the car next outing, if they're back. Talk to the more alert neighbors. Anyone with security cameras to record? If somebody could make some calls next time they're seen and have quite a few residents come on out, might pass the hint to move on to easier pickins.

OR...you could just find the car and "remove it from the gene pool.":tough::D

I know I lived out in Karns for two years and there were some guys that were hitting neighborhoods like that. They usually had a woman with them too. She would knock on the door trying to get help and when you opened the door they came busting in from the sides. Always middle upper class and always people who are a bit older.They beat a few old people pretty bad, but it never made the news. The only reason I found out about it was my wife's grandpa was in charge of securitiy and had a few sheriffs deputys working there. I've only been out of there for about five months so they may still be around.

This is why (1) you keep all doors/windows locked at night and (2) you don't simply open the the door without verifying who it is--especially after dark, and (3) your pistol is down beside/behind your leg and ready if you might unfortunately find that you need it.

This is why (1) you keep all doors/windows locked at night and (2) you don't simply open the the door without verifying who it is--especially after dark, and (3) your pistol is down beside/behind your leg and ready if you might unfortunately find that you need it.

AMEN!

No visible licence plate would make me think that they were casing.

Digital pic of the truck/van and dudes,saying"Wow! I had a truck/van just like that once!........"

Smiling the whole time,yaknow!:death:

Hey guys, been lurking for awhile . first post . .

Anyway, I've had this happen to me before. First time gave a friendly wave, second time took a pic with the cell phone, with the flash on.

Never saw them again.

I've also used the cell phone with flash late night on the freeway with reckless drivers (kids in modified POS's). Works well also.

i'm all for (1) and (2), but having a pistol drawn seems a little over the top for most localities. No offense please, just my opinion.

i'm all for (1) and (2), but having a pistol drawn seems a little over the top for most localities. No offense please, just my opinion.

I tend to agree....at least 100% of the time.

Now depending factors of who it is, time of day, stated reason of knock etc... I would say there are times I would have mine at the ready, but probably not when the UPS guy is knocking when I expect a package.

I tend to agree....at least 100% of the time.

Now depending factors of who it is, time of day, stated reason of knock etc... I would say there are times I would have mine at the ready, but probably not when the UPS guy is knocking when I expect a package.

You should make sure to have it ready for the UPS man. You seen them little shorts they wear.

:tough:

no offense taken...and I agree actually, for most rural and small town communities--and Tennessee has a lot of small towns and communities like the cities of Lake City, Lafollette, Pall Mall, Jamestown, and so on, answering a door in the middle of the day with a gun in the low is a bit much--but in larger cities like Knoxville, Nashville, and Memphis--these are places where you don't just open the door at night to an unknown party unless you are prepared...because there are people walking the streets who just don't care to hurt innocent people...and yes, it wouldn't be that hard to impersonate a fedex driver or an UPS driver even in the day, or an electric or other city employee...it happens--how often I don't know, but it happens. Even in rural communities after dark--in this day and time it would be prudent to answer the door to an unknown party with a gun on your side, if not in your hand and at the low...because crime is seeping even into rural areas in this day and time. And no--I'm not paranoid--I'm careful.

I think you're right about the casing AND paranoid... but I've never met you, so I may be wrong about the casing.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously, you were right to be on your toes. However, I hope they decide better.

A Kingsport officer once filled me in that it wasn't uncommon to see a car with a kill switch for the license plate and/or one brake light. Yes, some do go to that much trouble. Flip it when casing, turn it back on to hit the main road.