What's best IWB holster?

Guest Carrilite

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the 1911 holsters I have tried (and it was a bunch) the best one for me is a Galco NSA (not an NSA II). You can still find them on ebay. I have prob tired over 50 and keep coming back to this one. For kydex it is hard to go wrong with the Comp-Tacs or Blade-Tech.

Guest Tn.Mitch
Oh when said eric I meant from hbe leatherworks.

As far as the thunderbird from k&d I added stingray to mine. It's still black on black though.

Yeah I called him I think it was Thursday night,he was doing Laundry,I ordered a new DC Special to use till my Thunderbird gets here from K&D,I know his work is just as nice as all of the top Holster makers,But time is the element here,Im jjust getting a plain holster from him now because of the time factor,If I order one like Id like to have from him,I wouldnt have it for months and months,so this one is just a nice hold me till later one.I want to get another one from him someday,I just need to pay for the ones I have ordered now... :screwy:

Guest eyebedam
Yeah I called him I think it was Thursday night,he was doing Laundry,I ordered a new DC Special to use till my Thunderbird gets here from K&D,I know his work is just as nice as all of the top Holster makers,But time is the element here,Im jjust getting a plain holster from him now because of the time factor,If I order one like Id like to have from him,I wouldnt have it for months and months,so this one is just a nice hold me till later one.I want to get another one from him someday,I just need to pay for the ones I have ordered now... :screwy:

I ordered a com 3 in black cherry trimmed in gator. Was told I'd have it in less than 3 weeks.

Guest Tn.Mitch
Naw, totally word of mouth. :screwy:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dm+bullard

- OS

Thanks for the info on Mr Ballard,I ordered the holster that you sent me the link to,and a belt loop attachment,also 2 IWB,mag holders,1 for my M&P 40.the other for the Colt,Erik at Side Guard Holsters is making me a holster and mag holder for my clock so I didnt need to get one from Ballard,Thanks again191120320_5033.jpg005.jpgWeb20holsters20008.jpgIWB20Mag20008.jpg

Thanks for the info on Mr Ballard,I ordered the holster that you sent me the link to,and a belt loop attachment,...191120320_5033.jpg

Well, I'm sure that's a nice holster, anything David "Bullard" makes is nice...

I much prefer two point attachment designs like his Dual Carry, though.

Have always found any single attachment point, especially one right at the already thickest part of the whole thing to be too thick for me, but YMMV of course.

I know the craftsmanship will be outstanding, no doubt about that, as I have 4 of his holsters, 3 Dual Carries and a Bodyguard.

best,

- OS

Guest Tn.Mitch
Btw, Mitch...that is open muzzle design, not closed as you said in thread over at DC.

- OS

Well thats good to know,I was going by the pics ,that were posted by that guy with the Dekota Defender that was black,it looked closed to me,sorry,Im glad that I was wrong,itll be better open ended,no trash,lint,popcorn,dirt dobbers nest and such, so thats good news, thanks for correcting me :screwy:

Guest parris001

I like the Smart Carry holster. I can concealed carry my M&P compact in this new holster and you'll never know. I swear, you can check me out from every angle, squatting, bending...... whatever. You'll never make me! I'm not a skinny guy so I was afraid this holster might not work for me. But it does. Very well. It's not a durable material like I'd like to see (leather, kydex...) but it is going to get the job done and I'll be able to carry in situations where I couldn't have before (read: workplace).

Guest Carrilite

I wet to Guns and Leather to look for a holster for my Kimber Saturday. I didn't find a holster but I ended up buying a 642 with Crimson grips so it was not a loss. :D I got a desantis pocket holster for it while I was there.

I ended up ordering a super tuck deluxe from Crossbreed for the Kimber.

Thanks for all the help folks. This place is great!:P

Carrilite