On-demand 3D printing

JunkiCosmonaut

Alright I'm back! I've finished the process of becoming a vendor and here I am! 

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Pricing: 

My pricing per order is 10$ for processing and set-up, and 2.75$ per print hour. shipping is flat rate which you can find the rates here: https://www.ups.com/assets/resources/media/en_US/retail_rates.pdf#page=74

example: a 10 hour print would be 10 + (2.75 * 10) + <your choice of shipping> = total cost

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Materials: 

Expected resolution is 0.2mm x 0.4mm x 0.4mm voxel size. voxel is volumetric pixel. Imagine that your part is made up of legos 0.2mm x 0.4mm x 0.4mm in size. That's the dimensional accuracy that you 

could acheive typically. Post-processing methods can be used to make up for this inaccuracy by over-drilling holes and sanding surfaces. 

I can print ABS, PLA, PETG, and TPU

the current colors I have in my stock for various materials are as such: 

ABS: red, blue, green, black, white

PETG: black, red 

PLA: black, red, green, blue, sky blue, yellow, white 

if you don't see a color or material you want listed let me know and I can get it, it may add up to two weeks to your order as I have to order that material and wait for it to arrive.  

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Disclaimers

some disclaimers that I believe I need to cover based on previous interactions: 

I have been asked in the past both on, and off, this forum to print certain items that would be "questionable" from a legal stand-point, so here is my take on that

1) I am a printing service, I am selling you time on my printer, I am not selling you a printed item I am printing an item that you are providing me with the instructions (or language) to print. 

People ask about printing things off of thingiverse as they are licensed under a "no commercial" public license. This means that you cannot use their design for your

own profit, but this does not mean you can't pay someone to print one for you personally. It means that you cannot have me print of a number of models of a design for you that you 

then market as an item or a product. 

2) I will not print anything that is a"regulated" or "restricted" item. For example: receivers such as AR-15 lower receivers, or glock lower receivers ...... etc. I'm not making a political statement, if it were up to me you could buy your choice of arm from a vending machine at the air port that accepts bitcoin. This is just the law of the land and it carries very real penalties for violating it. I'm not gonna risk the site's integrity or my freedom to print something that could get me 10 years in prison.

3) I wont print a part if I reasonably believe it will be used to commit a crime. I typically don't care what people ask that I print, i get requests for obscure parts with no context as to what the parts do or go 

to, but if you ask me to print a full-auto sear the answer is gonna be no. again, this isn't anything to do with my political stance I simply don't want to draw any unwanted attention to this website or to myself by being involved with someone else's commission of a crime. 

4) All of the proceeds for prints are going to fuel my UNENDING BID FOR WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!! - I'm thinking my next big project will be a freeze ray or a spray that turns any normal pair of comfortable pants into skinny jeans so tight you'll get inducted into a crappy alt-pop band for style alone. If you ever hear on the news of a large message carved in the moon "mseals22 rocks!"then you'll you know that unlike your tax dollars, your money from your print went to good use! 

tenor.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@GlockSpock 

I use fusion 360 so I can work with .f3d files and other autodesk formats (.dwg, .obj ...etc) or export the file as a .stl I can work with either. The .STL is what I ultimately use for the print. I think I can also import a number of file formats into F360 from solid works. What software do you typically use? 

I met with @Mseals22 last week and picked up the 3d printed case feeder for the Hornady LnL press. Stand-up guy and very helpful even afterwards, and the pieces looked great and functioned flawlessly. 

I've thrown some more ideas at him that I think will be pretty cool. 

Here's a video of the case feeder in action. 

3d printed case feeder https://imgur.com/gallery/abpJtYj

LC

47 minutes ago, Loudcherokee said:

I met with @Mseals22 last week and picked up the 3d printed case feeder for the Hornady LnL press. Stand-up guy and very helpful even afterwards, and the pieces looked great and functioned flawlessly. 

I've thrown some more ideas at him that I think will be pretty cool. 

Here's a video of the case feeder in action. 

3d printed case feeder https://imgur.com/gallery/abpJtYj

LC

Thanks LC! I appreciate your help in getting that thing working! If not for your willingness to provide feedback and be the first to try it out i would have been shooting in the dark! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived