We have gun registration in TN

According to channel 7 in Jackson Tn news cast last night we must have gun registration in TN. They reported that the Commercial Appeal data base has the name of every gun owner in the state. Not one time did they mention the words handgun carry permit. Thanks to them everyone that does not take the paper now knows where to look at our information, thanks WBBJ television. You would think they would get the facts a little bit closer to the truth. I guess that would not stir the masses up enough, so lets add a little bit of the Enquirer type journalism.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to channel 7 in Jackson Tn news cast last night we must have gun registration in TN. They reported that the Commercial Appeal data base has the name of every gun owner in the state. Not one time did they mention the words handgun carry permit. Thanks to them everyone that does not take the paper now knows where to look at our information, thanks WBBJ television. You would think they would get the facts a little bit closer to the truth. I guess that would not stir the masses up enough, so lets add a little bit of the Enquirer type journalism.

all of the lies that are fit to print....

Guest mustangdave

I don't...haven't since Gulf War ONE...when CNN went to a 24 hour news cycle...you can fill the air wave just so much...then you start fabricating stories...:P

CNN went on air in 1980, was 24 hr. format from the inception, far as I know.

- OS

You're correct. I was living in Atl. at the time.

Gulf war was what got them really going. Cable companies were picking them up all across the country. They were the only network live from Irag (Wolfe Blitzer, I think).

You're correct. I was living in Atl. at the time.

Gulf war was what got them really going. Cable companies were picking them up all across the country. They were the only network live from Irag (Wolfe Blitzer, I think).

Naw, Wolf wasn't there, was Bernard Shaw and Peter Arnett actually in that Baghdad hotel.

NOTE: just researched, Wolf didn't come aboard CNN till '91, and there was a third CNN guy in the Baghdad hotel (the al-Rashid), was John Holliman.

- OS

Guest Battzglock

The media gets things mixed up....then again, or do they really?

A News Channel 5 poll recently asked three questions.....[may be slightly paraphrased...but the beginning is accurate]

Should guns be allowed in state parks?

Should guns be allowed in restaurants or bars that serve alcohol?

Should the names of gun owners be kept private?

Now, at the time I voted 71% were answering yes to all three questions.....great.

I wrote 5 an e-mail differentiating for them the difference between guns in general and those with gun permits....there is a difference. I attempted to explain to them that they are talking about permit holders since criminals don't pay much attention to laws anyways. I don't know if they understood.

Vickie Yates did offer a very nice reply though.

The media don't get it.