Got a nice Ruger SP101 today

Guest kingtone

We have gangs down here.

- OS

Yeah, we do too. Clarksville and Dickson are close to me. Well known gang problems in both areas. Puttin' em where I mean for em to go wasn't a slam, hope ya didn't think so. Just means I'm comfortable with my revolvers. Just so ya know, aside from carrying several speed strips, I also carry a New York reload (an extra gun!). Can't blame you for the point though, sort of been thinking about that myself. May go back to packing my P220 some day. Kind of makes you want to pack around a 12 gauge, doesn't it?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we do too. Clarksville and Dickson are close to me. Well known gang problems in both areas. Puttin' em where I mean for em to go wasn't a slam, hope ya didn't think so. Just means I'm comfortable with my revolvers. Just so ya know, aside from carrying several speed strips, I also carry a New York reload (an extra gun!). Can't blame you for the point though, sort of been thinking about that myself. May go back to packing my P220 some day. Kind of makes you want to pack around a 12 gauge, doesn't it?

Oh, "Erin", I read "Erwin", that's why I said "down here", duh.

Naw, didn't see it as a slam.

I spend a lot of time on foot for health reasons, consolidate all my missions I can with long walks instead of car, etc. I finally settled on XD SC (10+1) with extra 16 round mag as my best bang for size/weight. Now that Springfield has made 13 round short mag, even better.

Considered SP101 + BUG, but bulk/weight just too much, as even cargo pockets/belt pretty full.

Even then, in heat of summer, I'll often carry Kahr PM9 in pocket instead, as a sweaty 5-7 miles gets problematic with IWB. Only 6+1 with a couple of 7 round extras, but still much less cumbersome w/ more capacity than the Ruger.

I DO love the SP101, though - I really did buy it initially for EDC, till I reconsidered.

And yeah, there's the philosophy that 2 or 3 rounds is the "average" in a confrontation, and that even a gang will scatter at first shot. And probably true enough. And yet ...

- OS

Guest OttoMaddox

When that lottery finally rolls my way I would love to get some pistolsmith artistry done to my firearms. I realize most of what I like is more cosmetic than anything else but why not make my guns purty? That damascus slide was seriously drool-worthy.

And yeah, there's the philosophy that 2 or 3 rounds is the "average" in a confrontation, and that even a gang will scatter at first shot. And probably true enough. And yet ...

- OS

You're right, there is that philosophy. Philosophy is not always right though. 2 or 3 on average may be true, buuuuuuut--- you never know. Glad to see you don't adhere to that same philosophy.

By the way, maybe the next time my wife and I are through Knoxville, you'll be tired of the XD and the Kahr by then. I'll bring a box for you to drop the unwanted pieces in. :stick:

By the way, maybe the next time my wife and I are through Knoxville, you'll be tired of the XD and the Kahr by then. I'll bring a box for you to drop the unwanted pieces in. :)

Haw...doubt it.

I don't have all that many handguns, but they've all been carefully chosen, save one:

how about a nice Cobra .38 derringer? :)

- OS