Whats your favorite ak

Guest mossyoakman

Guest mossyoakman

Whak brand and style of ak do you prefer?i have an origional preban norinco 56 and i like it better than any of the others ive owned.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Todd@CIS

While not considered as "high end" as some others listed here, I've always liked the Romanian SAR-1s.

Oh the days when they could be had for under $400...

Love my WASR. Hate all you want, but it's never failed me. And since it's no "safe Queen" I don't worry about scratches or dirt. I just shoot it and love it.

Now, for an AK to hang on the wall and look pretty, I'd have to say Arsenal.

Guest Astra900

The Yugo M70 B1.

I don't much care for the M70 B2, I don't like an underfolding stock.

THe Yugo is heavier, but the thicker receiver and larger front trunion make for a very rigid upgrade to an already near indestructable design. Mine is accurate as heck out to 250 yards, thats as far as I have shot it.

Guest bkelm18
My fav is my polytech 56-1 doublefolder, then my Ars. slr 107fr!

But my VZ 58 makes all of my Aks seem like pure crap!:D

But the 58 isn't an AK... :D

But the 58 isn't an AK... :P

I was waiting on that! The VZ-58 is the AKs big Brother, the Russians actually considered dumping the AK for it, but the old money story.

Guest VolDaddy

Gotta go with my Galil. Its the CAI Goloni version, but it shoots great and with the mag well adapter it looks wicked awesome with the Bets C drum under it. And its a milled reciever.

Gotta go with my Galil. Its the CAI Goloni version, but it shoots great and with the mag well adapter it looks wicked awesome with the Bets C drum under it. And its a milled reciever.

But its really not an AK!:P

Guest Astra900

I was thinking that...

But its really not an AK!:P

....but that's why I didn't say it.

I love my Galil. Israel took the best assault weapon design ever and worked out all the rough edges.

Quote:

I love my Galil. Israel took the best assault weapon design ever and worked out all the rough edges.

Quote!

And then came Century and turned them in to junk!:P

Guest Astra900

Quote!

And then came Century and turned them in to junk!;)

You can say that again! I had to send mine back, the headspace was off .011!!!!!!!

Century takes a perfectly good parts kit, a halfway decent receiver and puts it in a box. A blind one armed monkey shakes the box like a carton of chocolate milk and pours out their product.

Century blows!

Guest Astra900
Why is it not a AK???

I believe its an AK just better.

That is a really fun debate....until you get some Jew hater arguing that the Israelis ripped Kalashnikov off.

But we agree on the "better" part:koolaid: