Value of this reloading press and acc.?

This is what he emailed me.....

"I believe it is the Rockchucker- it has a big RC on the press, & another spot (RCBS)

I have 3 DIE sets (3) & FL Die Set ( one is 30/06 & one is 270 win) The other one ?

Pistol Powder Measure & a reloading scale is included.

This press is about 7 years old. (As you can tell -I am not the re-loader) "

I'm not sure what all that is. Can you reload pistol calibers with this press if they were using if for rifle rounds? He's asking 120 bucks for everything. Is that a good deal?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. That's a good deal. Die sets alone are usually in the $30-$35 dollar range. A new Rock Chucker kit is not cheap at all. Age is not really a big deal. There may be some other incidentals you'll need but that's a great start. Are the adverstised calibers ones that you reload? Even if not you could sell those and get what you need.

Yes, you can reload pistol calibers if you have the correct dies.

Edited by Garufa
Guest PerazziTM1

The Rock Chucker is the standard that I measure other single stage presses against, its "ROCK" solid. It basically doesn't matter how old it is as long is its not rusted up. 7 years old or 27 it wouldn't bother me.

Yes you can load rifle or pistol just about everything, you can't load 50BMG with it though. Before you start loading besure to buy some reloading books (more than one) and read them , then reread them. Find a friend that is a experinced reloader and learn, then ask questions on this forum and others. Reloading is very serious business, I will say that it's not for everybody, extra special care and caution must be taken. If you can do that it is very enjoyable and very rewarding.

Guest david_g17

A guy at my church still uses an RCBS press (looks like a rock chucker to me) that he has used for about 25 or 30 years. It still runs flawlessly.

Guest Mugster

I'd say the price is ok, if you can use the dies. I'd value used die sets at 15 if they are 2 die, a little more for 3 or 4 die sets. Used scale and thrower, hard to say. If they are RCBS brand, might be well worth it. I'd go $10-15 each unseen not knowing the brand. I'd go $25-30 on the press, if it is in fact a rockchucker, and not some other RCBS press. So I think thats a little high, unless the scale and thrower are of quality or the dies are match quality or something. There's alot of little bits like shell holders that need to be there too.

I bought my RCBS from an old guy for $20 a long time ago, mebbe 92 or 93 to load rifle ammo. It was old when i got it, still going strong. He kicked in a pound of 4350 and few other small tools. Still using it.

Guest Spuds
I'd go $25-30 on the press, if it is in fact a rockchucker, and not some other RCBS press.

I'll buy every complete Rockchucker press you can bring me for $30.

Guest krater
I'll buy every complete Rockchucker press you can bring me for $30.

No kidding. I've never seen one, regardless of use, go for less than $100. I see them on ebay all the time for more than I can buy one new (including shipping).

Take any kind of care of it at all and your greatgrandchildren+ will be using it.

Guest krater
I think I'm gonna hold out and get one of the lee presses later in the year. I don't have the money to invest in it right now.

Where do you live in middleton? PM me.......we might could get together and do some shooting.

I started with 2 Lees. 1 repeatedly broke the cast aluminum bracket (Rockchucker eats the same stuff with ease) and Lee happily replaced it multiple times until I finally gave the thing away. The other one is dedicated to seating bullets only now.

IMO, if you are going single stage, Rockchucker is the best way to go. If youre going to a multiple stage, save/man up and go Dillon. You'll be much happier in the long run. And I'm known as the king of PoBoy reloading among my friends. (Lee makes great dies btw)