Be Careful Maury Co........

10Kilr

Apparently a crazed llama has made the news. I guess everyone is tired of hearing about the economy and every loves a wacky llama.

Llama on the loose in Maury Co.

Posted: March 23, 2009 04:55 PM CDT

c_fv_tl.gifVideo Gallery

<1>

3576520_vt.jpg Loose llama scares neighbors, pets in Culleoka

1:32

10056889_BG1.jpgpxl_trans.gif10056889_BG2.jpgCaryol Lloyd

pxl_trans.gif10056889_BG3.jpgpxl_trans.gif

c_hb_tl.gifLocal News more>> Gunman spotted on MTSU campus

Bredesen presents $29.34 billion budget

More closings could be good economic sign

Ashland City reduces building permit fees by half

Titans to open '09 season against Steelers

11-year-old Bethpage girl dies of MRSA

Llama on the loose in Maury Co.

Man, 68, dies after crashing into Bellevue pond

Man falls to his death at local hotel

Maury Co. family claims nursing home abuse

pxl_trans.gif

CULLEOKA, Tenn. - A llama on the lam in southern Maury County is scaring neighbors and their pets.

Neighbors in Culleoka said the animal was first spotted about a year ago.

Caryol Lloyd lives on McKnight Road and last spotted the llama in her driveway Sunday night as she was leaving her home.

"I was able to throw rocks...," she told News 2. "You know, just enough to chase it [out of] here."

With the animal around, Lloyd worries about letting her grandchildren go outside and play and wishes it would go away.

She said the animal injured her neighbor's dog and tried to attack hers.

"Every time I come out have to make sure that [the llama is] not here before I bring my animals out," she continued. "It rears up and tries to stomp on them."

Lloyd claims the llama shows up four to five times a week.

She said she moved to Culleoka for the peace and quiet and never dreamed she'd have to deal with a llama.

"We are 800 feet off the road so you figure they would be safe here but whoever expected a llama," she laughed.

Lloyd said the llama may belong to one of her neighbors.

She said she has called animal control but has not heard back.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel so vindicated...

Everyone looks for different things in choosing a firearm, and ammo for personal protection. Weight, size, modes of carry, ballistics, availability of ammo, etc.

Me? I have one question...

"Will it stop a llama?"

Point blank. That's what I need to know "Mr. Gun Seller"... will it stop a llama.

Why Heckler and Koch hasn't grasped onto this in their marketing campaigns yet I have no idea. I guess this is why they are still a little "mom and pop" operation.

Heckler & Koch: When you need to drop a llama... Never Compromise! :)

Guest dkirby

ah... llama drama.

I heard on one of the news channels last night that it was hurting livestock and people's pets. I can't believe it hasn't died of lead poisoning yet. It'd at least make a neat rug.

Guest GT_Rat

Yes we'll never hear the end of these deadly llama attacks until someone puts this vicious predator down. :)

Edited by GT_Rat

I'm thinking this llama has really compromised someone's civil rights........I'm calling the ACLU, surely they can fix the situation. Or maybe President Obama can talk to the llama and find some common ground.

Guest cdsusong

Would that be president Barrack Ollama, no,no,no. That might offend someone, can't have that! lets put a stimulus package or bailout plan together to aid the free llamas of this world! I'm sure there is a bill or law out there somewhere that would protect the free range llama.