Ahh yes, the sound of hope and change

dunndw

Running through the news this morning, ran across a article discussing some of the messages recieved by some of the AIG Execs.The last one really made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

***MOD ALERT, I did not edit these to bypass the filters...this is directly from the article***

-- All you motherf***ers should be shot. Thanks for f***ing up our economy then taking our money.

-- Dear Sir: Ya'll should have the balls and come clean and give back the bonuses. I know you would never do this so the gov't ought to take you out back and shoot everyone of you crooked sonofb****es...I would be very careful when I went out side. This is just a warning. If I were ya'll I would be real afraid. Thanks, Bill.

-- I don't hope that bad things happen to the recipients of those bonuses. I really hope that bad things happen to the children and grandchildren of them! Whatever hurts them the most!!

-- You f***ing suck. Paying bonuses to the d*****s that made bad bets losing your company billions of dollars. I want to f***ing puke. Publish the list of those yankee scumbags so some good old southern boys can take care of them.

-- If the bonuses don't stop, it will be very likely that every CEO @ AIG has a bulls-eye on their backs.

-- We will hunt you down. Every last penny. We will hunt your children and we will hunt your conscience. We will do whatever we can to get those people getting the bonuses. Give back the money or kill yourselves.

-- All the executives and their families should be executed with piano wire around their necks --- my greatest hope.

-- You mother-f***ing, c***s***ing, d***l****ers need to be taken out one by one and shot in the head. There's a special place in hell for you pond scum. Watch your backs because someone will come to get you, you can be sure.

-- The Revolution is coming. The family members of your executives are not safe. Your blood will run through the streets in the coming months.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/AIG-Threats-We-will-get-your-children.html

Edited by dunndw
to add link to story
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

That just plain scares the crap outa me...these people have blinders on if they can't see the duplicity of the government in this whole scheme.

Guest justme
That just plain scares the crap outa me...these people have blinders on if they can't see the duplicity of the government in this whole scheme.

the public is being intentionally enraged...what is the ulterior motive here?

Guest mustangdave

I understand that...was young and gullible once myself...afraid these minions will wake up to late...they're enraged for all the WRONG reasons

Guest GUTTERbOY

Not to be too tinfoil hattish, but I'm pretty suspicious that this populist fury is being groomed for some reason, perhaps as a distraction from who knows what other stuff.

I frankly expect to hear my fellow citizens think and say stuff like this. No, I don't hold the average American citizen in very high regard. What bugs me is that I'm not seeing our elected officials trying to calm people down or take a longer view. Instead, I see some of them actually contributing to the fury.

IMO, the congressman that suggested that AIG executives should either resign or commit suicide ought to be sent home packing. That kind of language has no business coming from our representatives.

Not to be too tinfoil hattish, but I'm pretty suspicious that this populist fury is being groomed for some reason, perhaps as a distraction from who knows what other stuff.

I frankly expect to hear my fellow citizens think and say stuff like this. No, I don't hold the average American citizen in very high regard. What bugs me is that I'm not seeing our elected officials trying to calm people down or take a longer view. Instead, I see some of them actually contributing to the fury.

IMO, the congressman that suggested that AIG executives should either resign or commit suicide ought to be sent home packing. That kind of language has no business coming from our representatives.

This wasn't a congressman. this was posted in response to a memo posted by the Washington post by an AIG exec that defended his bonus.

Now, we see the government suggesting legislation that will allow THEM to seize any privately owned business that could fail.

Coincidence?

Guest GUTTERbOY
This wasn't a congressman. this was posted in response to a memo posted by the Washington post by an AIG exec that defended his bonus.

Now, we see the government suggesting legislation that will allow THEM to seize any privately owned business that could fail.

Coincidence?

I realize the comments in the OP didn't come from Congress; that's not what I was referring to. In the wake of the big bonus controversy, Sen. Grassley of Iowa said:

I would suggest the first thing that would make me feel a little bit better toward them if they'd follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say, I'm sorry, and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide.

See http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Grassley_to_AIG_execs_Resign_or_0317.html

As I said, I don't have high expectations of the average American's rationality. But to see comments like this come from an elected official is, IMO, heinous.

Edited by GUTTERbOY
Guest jackdog

It appears our government is trying to insight riots. Could be they already know the economy is not coming back.So if they can create enough termoil to start riots and go to marshall law that gives them an out on why the economy tanked. You can bet they will all be surprized and deny they were at fault.