Smyrna Show

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker
Have to work during the day Saturday and Sunday but planning on making it up there Saturday after I get off work. Hopefully make it up there by 3:45 or 4. Anybody else going or will everyone be in Winchester?

Going to Hero Gear Saturday, gun show Sunday (probably)

Guest Spuds

I drove over from east TN for this one. I was disappointed in the crowd, I'd been hearing the place had been packed the last few shows. I used to go to just about every Pope show in this venue and have seen bigger crowds back then.

One difference that might account for the seemingly thin crowds, the building was open its entire width, Pope used to close off a section on the left side. There was room for another double row on the right, so I guess they didn't sell out all the tables, but still it was as big a show as I've seen there with maybe one or two exceptions.

Found a couple of items to buy and liberate back to east TN, but it didn't seem to be a buying crowd, more lookie-Lous or so I thought.

Now, The Outpost, that was an impressive place! Stopped in there on my way home. More ammo there than in all of the show I'd bet. What's up with the 10% sales tax there?

Now, The Outpost, that was an impressive place! Stopped in there on my way home. More ammo there than in all of the show I'd bet. What's up with the 10% sales tax there?
We collect what the state requires us to collect.
Guest Spuds

It's 9.25% here in my county. Sounds like Rutherford county maxed out on the local option tax. Tax was a whisper away from 10% of my purchase, that's what made it stand out for me.

Also noticed that fast food joints have higher prices in Manchester than in Chattanooga.

Guest Grout

What and where is the Outpost? I am supposed to start a big job in Monteagle in May and plan on checking out the gunstores over in Mid.Tn.when we get rained out.

Guest dlstewart01

I went Saturday. I though it was a good show. I even managed to get a 50 rd box of.380 ammo. Almost bought a Ruger 10/22. Today I found 3 boxes of Winchester .357 JHP 50 rd box at Wal-mart for 27 per box.

Some guy was trying to get $525 for a Ruger LCP.:) He still had it when I left. I don't feel too bad about paying $329 for mine.:eek:

Don

I went to the show Saturday afternoon. The crowd was a little lighter than the last time but still pretty good sized. I got there to late to to pick up a box of .380 auto(dang!) but did manage to pick up a box of 9x18 for my Makarov. I finally broke down and bought one of the Hi Point 9mm carbines. Then I found the ATI stock for it, then the 15 round magazines...

I had a heck of a time putting the new stock on. One of the screw holes just didn't want to match up, but that's why they invented the Dremel tool. ;) Test fired a few off the back porch, and it all seemed to work right. Hopefully I'll get out to the range next weekend and sight it in. Other than that, not much new. A lot of the same vendors trying to sell the same overpriced stuff they had last show.

TK47