Springfield 1911 ds Prodigy

MisterDanP

From what I've seen and heard, the barrel fit isn't as good as Staccato/STI.   There isn't an optic plate available for any but the little-loved Springfield Hex optics at this point, but it's just a matter of time until CHPW or someone offers one.

I also have noticed owners have had to do some basic tweaking and adjustment of things like extractor tension, but honestly I expect to have to do that on Springfield 1911s anyway, they are a soup sandwich out of the box for things like that (especially 9mm).

The triggers on the ones I've handled have been nothing special, but again that's easily fixed.

I'm definitely interested in owning one, but I'll wait till I can pick one up secondhand.  I already have enough quality 2011s that I'm in no rush to pay full retail.

Edited by ken_mays

I got one from an online dealer in 4.25” barrel for less than $1400 shipped. Took it to the range and shoot 200 rounds, not a single issue. Very accurate. Compared to my Staccato C2, prodigy has very good workmanship for the metal part, the grip is slightly less than Staccato, but it is optics ready for $ 1000 less than the Staccato P.  The trigger is actually slightly better than the C2. Trigger weight is only 4 lbs while the C2 is at 4.9 lbs. there is one at the old Franklin Gun store place (forgot the name of the new owner). You can take a look. 

85194BAE-8D4A-468C-AC98-D306860181F4.jpeg

445B1157-4435-466C-A61B-D3B344A5556D.jpeg

412218E6-5A62-4FDC-B2CB-4BE854C4B54E.jpeg

59D07811-1965-4CC9-AC33-BC11B421A1C3.jpeg

B09585BD-FF66-4054-AB2C-5793D94621AF.jpeg

• Love 1