East Tn TGO Members AUGUST 2007 Meet

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6

OK. I'm good for this one. Everyone is welcome to shoot at our Sterling Range in Oak Ridge. Gate opens at 1000 hrs and we shoot till we run out of ammo. Shotgunners bring your bangsticks. I'm gonna break out the clay thrower and we'll see who can hit a flying target. If I can bust 'em up with an 18 inch 870 then anyone with a real bird gun should be able to knock 'em down on the wing. I'll try to get my hands on a timer and we may just run some IDPA type pistol scenarios also. I've got plenty of barricades and barriers. Bring your hotdogs, burgers, buns and drinks. We will crank up the grill about 1400 hrs.

Guest BigJ45

I will try to make it after the IPSC match at ORSA. Probably be there around 1300 hrs. If everyone is not locked in on the third Sat. I would like to host the Sept. meet at my place but I will be in Memphis on the third weekend for the Tn Section IPSC match. The second Sat. mabye if anyone's interested.

Guest Boomhower
I will try to make it after the IPSC match at ORSA. Probably be there around 1300 hrs. If everyone is not locked in on the third Sat. I would like to host the Sept. meet at my place but I will be in Memphis on the third weekend for the Tn Section IPSC match. The second Sat. mabye if anyone's interested.

How's the range coming along? Have you got to push anymore dirt lately?

Guest BigJ45
How's the range coming along? Have you got to push anymore dirt lately?

I have got most of the dirt work done, just have to put in some drain pipes to dry up some wet spots. I have got both berms done and the shed mostly done. Going to try to pour some concrete for the pad and bench tops soon. We will have four benches at the 100 and 200 yd line and two at the 300 and 400 yd line if nothing changes. I hope to have most everything done in the next couple of weeks.

Guest Boomhower
I have got most of the dirt work done, just have to put in some drain pipes to dry up some wet spots. I have got both berms done and the shed mostly done. Going to try to pour some concrete for the pad and bench tops soon. We will have four benches at the 100 and 200 yd line and two at the 300 and 400 yd line if nothing changes. I hope to have most everything done in the next couple of weeks.

You never cashed in on that favor!:)....Oh well, the offer still stands. Just hollar if you need anything.

Guest Phantom6
I'm always up for a 400 yard range!!!

Phantom6, whats' your long range look like...whats the yardage on your rifle range? I know Julie will want to come!

:)

Long and green with firing points on one end and target stands at the other end.:P Sorry. :( My wife tells me that my smart ass pills must be kickin' in. Right now the most yardage I can give you is 100.

*sigh* I guess 100 yards will have to do. There's no scope on the M1a so if I put a really small target up at the 100 yard range, I guess that would be like a 400 yard range.

:)

Julez is going to talk to her boss about changing her days around so she can come down too!

Oh, Mike would you like me to bring the Thunder5? heheheheh

fn_fal-04.JPG

Of course bring the Thunder 5. I am not sure if I shot it more than a couple of rounds. I will try to remember to pick up a box of 410 shells for it.

I will bring my Savage .22 lefty bolt action and you can explain the fine points of using a scope to me.

What are you doing up at 3:00 AM? shouldn't you be snuggled up with your bride:devil:?

Guest Julez

It's official!!! I get to come out and play too! I talked to my boss the other night and she's gonna let me have the day off! I've also marked my calendar for every 3rd Saturday, so hopefully I can make this into a habit! :up:

Guest dotsun

If family asks for a favor this time, I'm calling in sick. :up: Sign me and Cheryl up. Oh and I took my mossy out to the range the other day and it did fine, Mike. So I'll be bringing a more suitable gun for those clays, not that you need a longer barrel.

Guest Phantom6
Hey Mike, you got an age limit on your range? Mom's got a friend who might want to come down and she has some young kids.

You are it. Less than fifteen is a "no, no" unless they either are taking an NRA Basic Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, Muzzle Loader course or have completed same and have a certificate to prove it. It's a safety and liability thing.

Guest c.a.s.

Now, we have no idea if they've taken any classes. Mom can find out at work, if she remembers. One did win a competition for target shooting. Somewhere in Oliver Springs or Coalfield.