Going to Dollywod - Can I carry there?

Guest SkyDog

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clownsdd

Just a question and not trying to slam anyone. I understand that it's a family thing.

Why in the world would you patronize a place that has that restriction? It's not like a government building that you have to go or a hospital that you would need in an emergency. Take Blockbusters or Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, they are known for their anti gun stance. Blockbusters has good prices and lots of movies I would like to rent, B&J has great ice cream, but I won't set foot in one or purchase their product because of their stance. Cutting off my nose to spite my face, maybe, but I think I am not being honest with myself and my beliefs if I spend ANY money at or with an establishment that does not recognize 2A Rights.

I would go and have gone because it is fun and great place to spend time with the family, especially if you have kids.

It can't always be about the gun. Sometimes to live life you have to make compromises.

They have a right to post it.

Guest bkelm18
I would go and have gone because it is fun and great place to spend time with the family, especially if you have kids.

It can't always be about the gun. Sometimes to live life you have to make compromises.

Big +1. I disarmed when I went and I had a blast. Even gave my ex gf an opportunity to make fun of me for not liking roller coasters. :) (No, thats not why she's my ex :stunned:)

Guest eyebedam

+1000000000000000000

Sometimes just gotta put the kiddos first. Dollywood is a blast it's just the 10.00 cokes that get me.

Just a question and not trying to slam anyone. I understand that it's a family thing.

Why in the world would you patronize a place that has that restriction? It's not like a government building that you have to go or a hospital that you would need in an emergency. Take Blockbusters or Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, they are known for their anti gun stance. Blockbusters has good prices and lots of movies I would like to rent, B&J has great ice cream, but I won't set foot in one or purchase their product because of their stance. Cutting off my nose to spite my face, maybe, but I think I am not being honest with myself and my beliefs if I spend ANY money at or with an establishment that does not recognize 2A Rights.

I tend to agree with places like Blockbuster and others that are in a highly competitive market. It's easy to go down the street to another video store or Netflix, etc. I think it has to be a competitive market for a boycott to work.

Dollywood is a unique business without much competition (around here anyway). I don't think I would carry in there anyway, sign or not. Too much body movement on the coasters and too much water on the water rides for me to worry about a gun. I know it stinks to have to disarm if you don't want to, but the kids like the rides...

I tend to agree with places like Blockbuster and others that are in a highly competitive market. It's easy to go down the street to another video store or Netflix, etc. I think it has to be a competitive market for a boycott to work.

Dollywood is a unique business without much competition (around here anyway)...

Probably the best way I have heard it put. Sometimes you have a choice, sometimes you don't.

Guest SouthernSaltine
+1000000000000000000

Sometimes just gotta put the kiddos first. Dollywood is a blast it's just the 10.00 cokes that get me.

All the more reason to take your gun. They are robbing people!:up:

I personally think it is probably a good thing that Dollywood and most amusement parks post. Having a gun get loose on a roller coaster or getting enough force on a piece to discharge it would be bad for everyone. Plus they are highly controlled on what comes in so the likely hood of a scenario in which you would need deadly force is probably next to nil. ;)

I mean seriously, they ban people who have heart problems, undersized folks, and pregnant women from most rides but you don't have the ACLU suing any of them.:cool:

Edited by Smith
Guest Tn.Mitch
Going tomorrow with the family. Can I carry in the park?

if your going to carry into Dollwood,maybe this gun would be a good idea,if it fell outta your holster on a roller coaster,you could just tell them, you droped your green cordless drill,and not get into trouble.

hi-320copy.jpg

TnMitch, you helped start my day off right!!

:shrug::rofl:;)

I thought you were going to say if you dropped it off a roller coaster it has a very small chance of accidental dischaarge with their reputation of on purpose discharges not being the best.:stalk::D

if your going to carry into Dollwood,maybe this gun would be a good idea,if it fell outta your holster on a roller coaster,you could just tell them, you droped your green cordless drill,and not get into trouble.

hi-320copy.jpg

Too much compromise.

What are your kids going to have to compromise for THEIR kids.

Just think though...with the current attitudes of our "leaders", maybe y'all won't have to worry about it much longer....

BTW, I wouldn't carry there either for reasons already given herein, i.e., too much body movement, etc. And I do respect their right as a private enterprise to tell me I can't.

But not wanting to and being told I can't are not the same.