This item is a S&W .22/32 hand ejector pistol, commonly called (erroneously) a Bekeart. This particular pistol appears to have been made in approximately 1914-1919 since it has the two screw stock which was discontinued in 1919 but it has the logo on the right side which occurred in 1914 and the serial number is below 321,000 which was produced in 1920 when they first began heat treating the cylinders. This makes this gun about 106 years old as well as not technically a true Bekeart as it was not shipped to Mr Bekeart. Cosmetically there is nothing wrong with the gun whatsoever. The grips are original and unblemished walnut. The frame still maintains a high glossy finish for the majority of the pistol and the function of the gun is still in great shape. Mechanically the only "defect" I can find is that the hand ejector, while still 100% functioning, is not as smooth as it used to be. I will see if I can resolve some of this prior to sale with some TLC. The trigger is still incredibly smooth and crisp and all components are tight with no wobble or other defect in fit/finish. I am selling this gun on behalf of my pastor who inherited this firearm from the estate of his father in law. Since my pastor is not a gun guy he has asked for my help in selling the gun and I am obliging. I can meet for a sale anywhere from Franklin north up to Whitehouse/Portland area. The pastor is willing to be present at the sale if requested but if his presence is desired by you the buyer the meet would need to happen closer to Portland where the church is as he is pretty tied up there at the church literally 7 days a week. Asking $1500 as the catalog lists $1250 for a "fine version" of the gun and $2,000 for an excellent and I think this gun falls in-between those two terms. 

Edited by FireMedic
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators

⚠️ Safety Reminder for Buyers and Sellers ⚠️

This is an automatic reply meant to protect you as a buyer and a seller on TGO.

• Use the Buyer/Seller Feedback feature to research who you are dealing with.   Please come back and leave feedback for each other after the transaction is complete.  Your experience will help others.

• Never agree to use an electronic form of payment to buy or sell a gun!  None of the electronic payment services will protect you against fraud in a firearms transaction.  They all have terms of service FORBIDDING the use of their services to buy/sell guns.  DON'T DO IT.

• Be very wary of anyone who insists on brokering a deal in private or outside of TGO.  Scammers almost always prefer to operate out of the public eye.

The complete Trading Post Rules and also some more helpful suggestions can be found by clicking this link.  Everyone should read them at least once!

~~~ This was an automatic reply ~~~

5 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Is the finish nickel, or is it the lighting that makes it appear that way?

Holy cow. My mistake. I am so embarrassed. I pulled up my standard catalog and realized I had completely missed the fact that heavy frame targets are blued not nickel. I will pull this ad until I can correctly identify what it is I have here. I was told it was a Bekeart and so I didn't spend to to much time looking it over in the standard catalog, just a quick perusing. My mistake. and thank you gregintenn for helping me realize my mistake. 

On 3/3/2023 at 10:06 PM, gregintenn said:

Sir,

I didn’t mean it as a slur. I just thought the pics looked like a nickel  gun. You’ve correctly identified it as a heavy frame target. I’m not saying they didn’t offer them in nickel. I was only curious if it was indeed what it looked like.

No no no I didn't take it as an insult. You are good. I am just shocked I looked over something so obvious. It is a nickel plated version. I haven't done so yet but I will be looking over my standard catalog to make sure I can accurately say when it was made, any other information, etc. From my understanding thus far, the nickel version were not produced in the 1910's where I initially thought this gun was made.