9mm....where to find???

Guest TargetShooter84

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting 1600 rounds of various 9mm from Georgia Arms tomorrow.

Has been 28 days since I ordered it.

- OS

Not bad. My last order of .40 took about 6 weeks.

Yeah, site still says "5-7 weeks".

I was kinda surprised so quick.

Getting 1000 of the +p 124 grain Gold Dot to rathole, plus 100 extra to run through guns to test, and 500 of the Canned Heat for range.

- OS

Still waiting on my 500 rounds of 10mm from Georgia Arms. Placed the order on 3/30.

Just a followup, got my 1100 hollow point rounds today, but not the ball; I see on GA site, "out of components" for that, so who knows when.

- OS

Guest m&pc9
Just a followup, got my 1100 hollow point rounds today, but not the ball; I see on GA site, "out of components" for that, so who knows when.

- OS

According to another thread Obama isn't going to let them have any more supplies.:nervous:

It was my pleasure. Heck I don't even have a 9mm and I almost got 500 rounds myself. :bow: I am sick, flat out addicted to ammunition.

Absolutely! (and public thanks to Mikey for scoring me some of Wally's Blazer Brass today!)

- OS

PS Oh yeah it was at the East Town WalMart off of Millertown Rd. They had several thousand rounds yet when I left today.

- OS

Just picked up some stuff down there. You have to call and see what they have on hand. If you can go pick it up you can have it then. If you have to order it puts you on the shipping list (back order).

We did a road trip, 226 miles and a flat tire, new tire, but picked up a bunch of 40, little bit of 9 and 5k of 22lr. They even had some bags of 380.

Real nice folks down there.

We also delt with Ammoman recently and they were real nice. We found they keep their website pretty much up to date. Try ordering on line. If you have a question, email and fax them, they will call you, otherwise they haven't been answering the phone.

Good luck guys, don't get discouraged things will get better:). Oh and don't buy from the gougers online.

Orders I have gotten through Cabelas, CTD, and Midway are not sent signature required through Fedex Home, even when they have ammo.

But it's up to the Fedex driver whether it is safe to leave without sig.

It's a claim thing: Fedex Ground (and Home Delivery) guys are contractors, not employees ... any claims come out of their pockets.

I live in apt complex, so they (wisely) never leave ANY package without sig.

- OS

FedEx always leaves it at my doorstep without a signature, so just use my address...though no gaurantees you'll get the exact amount you ordered.

....for the 9mm....if you can make a drive to the Outpost, they had a pallet full of 1k boxes. I don't recall the exact price, ~$390.00, call before you quote me.

If you guys had to pick Cabelas or Georgia Firearms for ordering ammo....which one would you chose? And why?

Real crapshoot right now.

Cabelas' estimated shipping date can't be counted on at all.

Georgia Arms has a good record of actually getting your stuff to you in the time they say, which is now as long as 7 weeks, though.

BUT, they are showing "out of components" on their 9mm canned heat, so this is a first, who knows if the 7 weeks can even be counted on, since they aren't even taking orders for that. I did get 9mm Gold Dot HP from them in about three weeks not too long ago, but I didn't get it for target shooting, too pricey for that.

AmmunitionToGo gets stuff right out in a couple days through all this mess, but you have to check every day. I just got a bunch of 12 gauge buck and slugs from them in a week (and some .357), but 9mm is about as scarce as elsewhere.

All in all, I think "who knows" is the best answer right now. It's worse than ever.

- OS

Guest TargetShooter84

Seems like Georgia Arms has taken down the "buy" buttons and leaving us hung and dry to check the sites constantly.....

Cabela's seems to have bad backorder times but they get the products to you anyways....