P 320 annual service

JustEd

Not a SIG hater thread.

In general I love my SIG’s. Like all my guns they actually get shot. Some get shot a lot  All have been fun to shoot

2 1911’s — First one was ok until SiG upgraded the sights at my request. New ones were so far off had a local gun smith install the old ones back on. Second, and fancier one, has had two visits to Sig for sights. In this case it was tritium cells going bad. My P 365 had poorly  regulated sights and also needed tritium front sight replacement shortly after purchase  Then again a couple of years later  

So enter my P320 with factory Romeo 1 pro and supressor height sights. Yeah, the optic failed.  In fact it failed twice. One time Sig shipped the replacement to someone in California for no known reason. They did make it right though  

Recently I started out to the range with that P320 to plink some steel.  Noticed the front sight was loose in the dovetail. There is no screw or pin securing it so off it went to Sig.  They replaced the front sight with one that fits the dovetail better. They also replaced the rear sight saying it was loose too  

I love SIG and they stand behind their product.

But it seems I have bad luck with the sights on them  

JUST ME?

btw, I never use the sights to aid in racking the slide. No one armed drills for this old cowboy

• Administrator

I have a P320 XCarry Pro with a thousand or so rounds through it.  Knock on wood, no problems to date.

The sights on the slide are their X-Ray variant and have stayed where they belong.  I expect to have to replace them at some point simply because on every Sig that I have owned, the sights begin to rust with handling and exposure to sweat.  Unless these sights were treated with a salt-nitride bath coating like Melonite and were instead just blued like most are, they'll eventually start to rust.

The Romeo-1 Pro optic that this gun came with promptly went back into the box and I instead installed a Holosun 509T enclosed emitter optic mounted on a CHPWS adapter plate.  So far, so good.

I have heard absolutely incredible, raving reviews of the new Sig Romeo 2 Pro optic, though.  If I can find one for less than $600, I may give it a whirl.

Glad to hear that Sig has taken care of you!

• Like 1

I agree David

What surprised me about the p320 sights is that they are three dot sights. What could go wrong, when I bought it?

I suspect that Sig used suppressor height sights which were a bit too small for the dovetail.  Just secured them with locktite or similar and hoped for the best.  I am not the only one to have found dovetail/sight problems on the p320RX.  Mine is an early version of that model. 

• 3 months later...

Wild... I've owned everything from early releases pre-recall to the latest and greatest Legions, Custom Shops, etc. Built or pushed improved sights on a few hundred more for customers. We simply have not seen a rash of customer complaints/bringbacks on P320 sights, nor have I had any issues with my personal collection or while pushing/replacing sights.

Had other issues such as unintended discharge without touching the trigger (only on pre-fix guns, verified and repeatable) ... between the two I'd rather have sight issues! 😆

Edited by DocHawk