TGO Monthly Shooting Contest - April 2009

Guest JHatmaker

Guest JHatmaker

Thanks guys, if I would have been shooting my .357 SIG, it would have looked like swiss cheese.....

For some reason I'm more accurate with the SIGs than my other pistols. It's the gun, not me :hat:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine, I did one with a .380 and another with a .40. Had a little better luck with the .40......

SIG P232 (.380): Score 94

IMG_1836.jpg

SIG P226 (.40): Score 98

IMG_1837.jpg

PS - Did I score these correctly, I wasn't sure what to do if it's on the line, etc.

Great Shooting.....

Guest JHatmaker
What do you guys think about taking a bunch of targets to the East TN shoot this weekend?

The more the marrier (SP?)

The goal is to get folks at the range, so the more participation we have the better. We can always just say "use any target you want to" but still have the yardage limit and shooting position rule.

So post 'em if you go 'em.

Guest JHatmaker
Ok. Newb question: What's the scoring setup?

You'll see a number associated with each ring on the target. For each ring you hit, count that point towards your score (maximum 100 points allowed).

So if you hit 10 shots in the 2 ring, you get 20 points; hit 10 shots in the bullseye, you get 100 points.

Guest JHatmaker

OK, I went ahead and adjusted the rules to allow the use of any target you want to, but remember you have to be able to take an accurate/close-up picture of it. I'm still going to leave the original target for use so that way you can just print if off if you want to.

I've got a good idea for next month using a silhouette target (hehehe)

Guest johnmattwill

Well , Here is my entry for the month.... Best I could do today... it shows my tendancy to shoot just left of my aim, but still for me, not bad.....

Kimber Tac Pro II - 230gr. FMJ

7 yrds. standing

2 hands

10 rounds

equals DBG every time!!!!!

Contest001.jpg

Guest JHatmaker
Well , Here is my entry for the month.... Best I could do today... it shows my tendancy to shoot just left of my aim, but still for me, not bad.....

7 yrds. standing

2 hands

10 rounds

I do the same thing with certain guns. I used to own a Springfield XDM .40 and always seemed to aim left consistantly. According to one of those aiming targets, it has something to do with not enought / or too much trigger pull....

I still tend to shoot to the left consistantly. One time I just started aiming way right, so much so that I thought I wouldn't even hit the target, and still shot to the left. Not bad though. I especially enjoy your Kimber.

Guest JHatmaker
So for the scoring, if it's on the line, do we take the higher or lower score? based on what i've seen so far it looks like the higher score i think...

That's what I assume as well. I asked the question in my target post and no one objected so far. It's just easier to round up (and better for scoring) ;)

Guest IzzyIsaac

7 yrds. standing

2 hands

10 rounds

Contest001.jpg

THAT piece makes up for any shooting flaws :tough:

Guest JHatmaker
<--- CZ-82 in the avatar

Wolf 9X18 Makarov 95 grain

looks to be 96-97ish score - the holes are connected and I can't tell if that got a piece of the 10 ring or not.

april_target.jpg

Excellent shooting! Good job