In waste band Holsters.

Guest robert83

Guest robert83

Where is the most popular position for a in the waste band holster? Front, side, rear? I carry mine in my back waistband right behind my wallet. I find it a little had to draw but it seems to be the most comfortable for sitting, standing, and driving.

Waist band that is.

Edited by robert83
can't spell
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest robert83

I realize that. that's why i am asking for advice. How do you carry your weapon comfortably while keeping it easily accessible and concealed without a jacket or coat for a fast draw.

I realize that. that's why i am asking for advice. How do you carry your weapon comfortably while keeping it easily accessible and concealed without a jacket or coat for a fast draw.

Good question bud, i am actually debating the same thing....most of what "experienced" people tell me....dont carry in the back...hard to draw and you cross your body doing so.......I'll be interested in reading more opinions about this...thanks for starting the ball rolling....

Edited by titan14
cant type
Guest robert83

I carry in the back (perhaps the wrong reasion, but i don't know otherwise) because I figure if I had to give up my wallet i could reach for my weapon. that is if they weren't pointing a gun at me. If that was the case i'd just give them the wallet and hope for a chance where they were off guard and i could draw.

I am just testing around the house still, but have worn it at 1:30 for several hrs a day lately. Also tried gettin in and out of the car several times. I can sit more comfortably, and often forget it's even there..... I sometimes have trouble getting my tshirt out of the way when it is around back. But with practice, i'm pretty sure that wouldn't be much of an issue. I get the impression that's where most tend to carry iwb.

I carry in the back (perhaps the wrong reasion, but i don't know otherwise) because I figure if I had to give up my wallet i could reach for my weapon. that is if they weren't pointing a gun at me. If that was the case i'd just give them the wallet and hope for a chance where they were off guard and i could draw.

6 Oclock for me as well for the reason you mention above, and most comfortable for me.

Guest Tn.Mitch

I carry 4:00 to 4:30 IWB or OWB,for my body type,it works for me.

HPIM0635.jpg

S&W 1911 ss 45acp,Blackpearlight grips,nickle finish

HPIM0630.jpg

S&W M&P 40cal.fs,Meprolight Night Sights,and Crimson Trace Laser Grips,both guns in Galco Concealable Belt Holsters..,have Milt Sparks VM2, for IWB.Both types nice and Comfey..

6:00 seems a little scary to me. I would be afraid of falling on my butt/back, and the damage a chunk of steel could do to my tail bone or lower spine.... Seems to be pretty common though. So i'm probably missing something :hat:

OK, I'll be the oddball here. I carry 10:00 o'clock. No worries about shirt riding up (printing) and easily accessible, even when driving in a vehicle. The only problem I have is slight poking in the ribs when sitting which is easily fixed with a little adjusting.

I have tried MOB and find it extremely uncomfortable if I have to sit down. I have 2 carry handguns. I pocket carry my PF-9 ot OWB aat 3:00. You'd never see it either way. I also carry a Springfield XD(m) IWB at 3:00. It's a LOT bigger but still concealable.

Guest pjblurton

My IWB carry is about 3:30 / 3:45... Not quite 4. It's a bit more difficult for me to draw at 4, even though it is more comfortable.

DSC00593.jpg

Guest waffenldr

I carry a Para p10 the same way. Behind my wallet or middle of my back. You have to pactice everyday. I dry fire and live fire.

I carry at about 3:30 in a Crossbreed Super Tuck holster,conceals well with just a tee shirt or tucked in shirt.

If you wear a tucked shirt just bloom the shirt out around the grip a little and no one will notice,of course most people don`t pay attenton anyway.

I have been carrying this way for several years and never had a problem.

How you carry is a personal choice,what works for you may not work for someone else.

Guest cjames38464

6 oclock, XD... most comfortable for me as for driving at the right hand reach, to hard for me to get it from behind in the truck...But I feel bulldog is correct, what ever is the most comfortable for you, just try several ways and the ease of pulling will come with practice once you find that sweet spot...