On ABC 20/20 website

i guess i am glad some of you can watch the networks. i get all i need to know about them from this board. i usually watch about 30 mins. of one of them every day. i think it is maybe smart to know your enemy. after that i really try to look for information that at least tries to give both sides of everything. sometimes it is hard to find both sides so one can draw his own conclusions.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so hacked off about this I wrote the NRA a nastygram wanting to know WTF they were going to do. I had actually forgot about writing it...I wrote numerous people that day as stress therapy. I got this reply today

Dear Mr. Dunn,

Thanks for contacting NRA-ILA.

ABC 20/20 approached NRA for an interview on Monday, April 6, 2009 - just 4 days before the hour long special was scheduled to air, and after ABC promotions revealed that they had been working on this special for about a year. After vetting this request, it became evident that this would be an extremely biased piece. Therefore, we declined to participate. NRA will not provide any legitimacy to any prejudiced news broadcast, especially one with preordained conclusions, by granting an interview.

Yesterday Mr. LaPierre appeared on Fox. You can view this interview at YouTube - Glenn Beck Shorts 04-16-09 Wayne LaPierre Mexico Gun Treaty. On Sunday, Mr. LaPierre will be appearing on Face the Nation.

Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns, and as always, we appreciate your support!

Sincerely,

Susan Christman

NRA-ILA Grassroots Division

Guest canynracer

Not to mention that IF it was legal...there would be more than one armed student for the BG to pick from a crowd.

liberal media crap...as usual

Guest Policek9Trainer
only time i watch the liberal media any more is to get the local news. i then hunt something else or turn the boob tube off.

I'm almost like you, I'm there only long enough to get what's actual local to me and the whether, then its off to watching FoxNews or something else (military channel mostly), except when Bones, Cops, Southland and CSI (not Florida or New York, those bore me) is on. Something just isn't right driving a hummer to crime scenes :P

Guest Policek9Trainer
The show started and ended by claiming that allowing potential victims to carry guns would not help keep them safe –- not even with hundreds of hours of practice firing guns.

If one thinks about that statement for more than 5 seconds, they'd realize then that the police definitely couldn't protect them either, nor could the police protect themselves :P

Guest macmonkey

I downloaded it and watched yesterday.

My beef with the "Student in classroom simulation" -

1) all but one of the students had never even considered carrying a weapon until THAT DAY. They then went to a safety course and did a little range shooting and were given a gun with paint bullets to wear for the day. We all know that 90% of conceal and carry is mental and none of those kids seemed mentally prepared and it shows.

2) The same gunman (a tactical expert) knew exactly which seat the gun would be at. You notice without even flinching he engages the student.

3) When the gunman enters and starts firing - the other 'students' magically start running for the door. In real life they would be so struck with B.A.R. that almost all of them would freeze in their tracks or duck under the desk making it easy for the gunman to simply shoot fish in a barrell.

4) The student with the gun has on what looks like a high tech welding mask and snow skiing gloves when the gunman enters the room. We all know how gloves and guns don't mix.

5) The guy playing the killer was some elite tactical training instructor. Last I checked crazy gun toting criminals maybe have some limited range time at most.

I think that the show was extremely one sided. I hope that another network gets smart and does a contrary show showing the thousands of cases every year in which a gun prevents or ends a violent encounter. We all hear those stories but nobody is doing a good job to promote these events.