Anyone use Capitol Armory for a suppressor order?

Do you use your local (city/county) CLEO or the State Police. 

When I’ve bought from Silencer Shop they use the Shelby County Sheriff but it looks like CA is using the State Police. 
I don’t think SS waits for a response, just sends the notification but I think CA waits for a response and I’m just wondering which one would be better to notify. 

I am in Nashville and I used the Davidson County Sheriff.  I have sent in numerous filings and I have never received any sort of confirmation back from them not did I expect one.  I have utilized Silencer Shop as well and I believe that the county sheriff was used with them as well.  I did not receive a response for the paper Work that Silencer Shop submitted either.  I was told by an officer a few years back that they just filled the paperwork received in the nearest trash/recycle bin.  This was 2016ish so who knows what may have changed.

I would be concerned that having to wait on a local agency to return paperwork could hold up the process, especially if you do not even know if they have a policy of returning it.  I would clarify with whomever I purchased from.

9 minutes ago, expendable said:

I just reread CA policy and it states they have to wait 7 days from the date the CLEO receives the notification, I don't know if they use shipment tracking for that or if there is some other procedure .

Interesting.

This post was perfect timing as I just recently received a suppressor delivery from CA.  Very happy with whole process and coming home to a suppressor at the door was great.  Calling CA was so much better than calling Silencer Shop.  I've got 2 more pending with CA.

I used  THP MATT PERRY, COLONEL for the law enforcement notification section.  You choose who to use when filling out paperwork after purchase.

Here's the timeline it took.  
Purchased 8/1/23
Certified 8/11/23
Approved 2/1/24
Delivered 2/25/24

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, taracing said:

This post was perfect timing as I just recently received a suppressor delivery from CA.  Very happy with whole process and coming home to a suppressor at the door was great.  Calling CA was so much better than calling Silencer Shop.  I've got 2 more pending with CA.

I used  THP MATT PERRY, COLONEL for the law enforcement notification section.  You choose who to use when filling out paperwork after purchase.

Here's the timeline it took.  
Purchased 8/1/23
Certified 8/11/23
Approved 2/1/24
Delivered 2/25/24

That’s who they have as the CLEO on my form 4 but they said I could change it if I wanted when I filled out the 4473. 

Posted (edited)

I received the approval email this morning 32 days from certification. 
The wait between purchase and certification is for me to send in my fingerprints, the next one won’t take as long because they keep them on file. 

We will see how the rest of the process goes. 

Purchased 1/18/24

Certified 1/29/24

Approved 3/01/24

Delivered ?

Edited by expendable

I have a couple of Form 4s pending and did one via CA.  They already had THP down as the CLEO so I did not change it.  I certified it a couple of weeks ago and so far, the CA process has been awesome.  

As for Eforms, this is an update that was posted on the HkPro forum.  It is not my post and I am just passing it along:

"The eForms system is NOT down. ATF is still using it to process forms and those forms are still flowing. Form 4's for individuals have recently seen turnaround times of ~30 days. You read that right. Form 4 in 30 days (or less). That is the goal and it is being reached.

eForms is NOT currently available to the public. That is factual. Why is not available? It has nothing to do with the White House, Joe Biden, budget issues, or anything directed by Congress. The public facing side of eForms was breaking under the strain of a specific load that the system was not designed to handle or could not handle. ATF is addressing the issue. The system is expected to be available to the public in the near term."

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, HKfanTN said:

The public facing side of eForms was breaking under the strain of a specific load that the system was not designed to handle or could not handle. ATF is addressing the issue. The system is expected to be available to the public in the near term."

Let's hope this is accurate.  I would hate to see eForms abandoned and a return to physically having to submit.  Interesting it has been up for years and that it survived the influx the pistol brace issue caused and is now having trouble.  Hopefully some other issue caused by an id10t error in the MIS department.

• 5 weeks later...

I finally received my suppressor from Capital Armory.
The process after the ATF approval took longer than expected, but it really wasn’t that long it just seemed that way because it was approved and I still needed to wait for it to be delivered.  

Purchased 1/18/24

Certified 1/29/24

Approved 3/01/24

Delivered 4/02/24